How to instruct a Jaboticaba so it doesn't misbehave!

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Decidedly having a hard time sitting on top of a heater, behind the window in a living room for 5 months a year!

I will wait untill it is outside and has pushed a new set of leaves for an update :)

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Decidedly having a hard time sitting on top of a heater, behind the window in a living room for 5 months a year!

I will wait untill it is outside and has pushed a new set of leaves for an update :)
Well, my daughter tells me it's 4C today in Dublin, so I guess it is still pretty cold for tropicals over there.
But yours is a real survivor, we all want it to make it, so when the tree is happy please show it!

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Well, my daughter tells me it's 4C today in Dublin, so I guess it is still pretty cold for tropicals over there.
If I was her, I would live in sunny Brazil by my dad!

Perplexody

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My jabo Is basically the size of one of your branches and I don't see it thickening for some years because of my climate but I love it and can't wait to make it a nice little shohin eventually. This is good information it grows wild and leggy if I don't trim it

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My jabo Is basically the size of one of your branches and I don't see it thickening for some years because of my climate but I love it and can't wait to make it a nice little shohin eventually. This is good information it grows wild and leggy if I don't trim it
Just let yours go wild in summer, and a few weeks before bringing it it, prune it to shape. Mine is quite willing to put on some wood on the branches over summer. Yes, even wire scarring :)

Top Bottom