How to join a bonsai club. Mike Frary style!

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm not a member of a club yet. They are hours away from me. But I want to become a member of one anyway. The one I've chosen to inflict myself upon is Four Seasons Bonsai Club. Vance's club. I figure if they tolerate him they will positively love me.
When I was down there last year at their show I saw a sad lack of Tamaracks there. It's Michigan for Heavens sake. Come to find out they can't get them there. No swamps just city.
I decided to remedy that sad situation single handedly. I dug up a Tamarack for every member. Small yes but they grow. The only one there that knows this is Vance. I got some for him too.
Im giving one to every member there. If they don't want one of those there will be Jack pine seedlings and some baby elms too. I want everyone to get a free tree.
Hopefully they will decide to accept me after that. 2015-05-09 15.02.12.jpg

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That's Smokes thong. I mean thing. I would be more at home in fur lined undies or a Godzilla mask.

sikadelic

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I know it sounds crazy with me living in southern Indiana, BUT, I am a member there as well. I just haven't been to a meeting or know any of the folks there.

How are you planning on getting me my tree?

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You need to pick it up there dude! What the hell? Lol.
I am only one man.
You really should try to make it. I think I'm helping Vance do a demo on repotting Mugo pines. We're supposed to go at a large one he has. I'll be the large handsome guy in his booth. He will be the other guy.

sikadelic

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
You need to pick it up there dude! What the hell? Lol.
I am only one man.
You really should try to make it. I think I'm helping Vance do a demo on repotting Mugo pines. We're supposed to go at a large one he has. I'll be the large handsome guy in his booth. He will be the other guy.
I made a terribly poor joke that apparently sounded too real..I'm not a member there :D

Kudos for making a great splash when joining the club though. I am sure you will earn a lot of new friends!

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I made a terribly poor joke that apparently sounded too real..I'm not a member there :D

Kudos for making a great splash when joining the club though. I am sure you will earn a lot of new friends!
I had to look up a map... :p

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Plus these little guys are going to be mowed down this year. At least some get to be trees someday.

Top Bottom