How to keep the frogs out...of the house!

LittleDingus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Brought my lime tree in just now (not a bonsai) and along with it came a friend!

20201013_171645.jpg20201013_171700.jpg

Jeff Phibian is a regular to my deck. I often see him in a tree or on the side of the house. He usually bunks down in the chest we store the chair pillows in but I have seen him bunk down under the grill and quite frequently in my trees. The grandkids love getting texted with where I found him this time...except THIS time was in my house!

This happens just about every year. Last year 2 came in with my banana tree! They are usually easier to notice in the bonsai trees and I can chase them out as I bring them in, but sometimes I've missed them there too!

So, the questions:

1) Is this a unique to me problem? Surely I can't be the only one who brings frogs into my house when I bring the tropicals in for the winter, can I??
2) Any tips on how to prevent this?

My concerns is the health of the frogs...I like them! The keep me company at night :) One year, I found a skeleton in the basement that I must have missed after my forced migration. They usually climb up the walls and onto the ceiling after dark which makes them easy to find. I don't like finding skeletons though :(

Oh...these also came in with the lime tree :)

20201013_172853.jpg

Top Bottom