How to secure trees to bench?

toolpro

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
We have a small public garden here in Kennesaw, Georgia, and would like to secure our trees to the bench to avoid visitors moving them about, and to avoid wind blowing the taller ones off the bench!

I can easily wire them, but that makes it difficult to move them for potting and rearranging.

Any suggestions on a simple low-tech "quick disconnect" to attach them?

Hoping someone has a clever idea!
Rick
Smith-Gilbert Garden
Kennesaw, GA

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
We have a small public garden here in Kennesaw, Georgia, and would like to secure our trees to the bench to avoid visitors moving them about, and to avoid wind blowing the taller ones off the bench!

I can easily wire them, but that makes it difficult to move them for potting and rearranging.

Any suggestions on a simple low-tech "quick disconnect" to attach them?

Hoping someone has a clever idea!
Rick
Smith-Gilbert Garden
Kennesaw, GA

Velcro ? stick it on the pot and tack it to the bench, that's the best I've got.

keep it green,
Harry

digger714

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
It wouldnt be attaching them, but what about a sleeve of some kind you could sit the pots down into. I guess you wouldnt be able to see most of the pot. What about some verticle dowels around the pot into the wood? They probably wouldnt have to be but 1/4" around.

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
When the trees are repotted you could hang some loops from the underside of the water holes beneath the pot, and then strap those to the benches.

mholt

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Perhaps attach hooks (from eye/hook hardware) to the bench and place wire suspended from hole to hole on bottom of pot. Slide pot into place as if hanging a picture on the wall.

elroy

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
At a recent nursery I visited, they used strips of inner tubes on the planks used as shelves. They just stretched the inner tube over the sides of the pots.

Elroy

Top Bottom