How to treat this JBP

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
My JBP got this white stuff, mostly at the bases of needles or buds, and got needle dropping problem.
Would appreciate if someone could tell me what it is and how to deal with this.

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• 20210227_134503.jpg
    20210227_134503.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 58

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Looks like pine bark adelgid, and if so I believe there's an oil you can use. I'm not a pine guy, so I'll let someone else chime in on that.

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
The photos are not definitive. most pines have white sheaths at the base of needles. Adejid is a pest of pines. They form cotton wool like covers to deter predators but are pink underneath.
adeljid is like scale or aphid.
Horticultural Oils will deal wit them but is a contact pesticide so needs to cover every surface and every pest.
Systemic insecticide will travel right through the plant and kill every bug that tries to eat the tree.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The photos are not definitive. most pines have white sheaths at the base of needles. Adejid is a pest of pines. They form cotton wool like covers to deter predators but are pink underneath.
adeljid is like scale or aphid.
Horticultural Oils will deal wit them but is a contact pesticide so needs to cover every surface and every pest.
Systemic insecticide will travel right through the plant and kill every bug that tries to eat the tree.
Thank you @Shibui

Top Bottom