How you know you are a bonsai addict...

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
So yesterday afternoon I walk down the hall to talk to my wife.

Me: "Hey honey, I am going to run out for a quick exploration. I'll be back in about 45 minutes."

She: "Where are you going?"

Me: "I just met an 18 year-old hottie on Tinder, and we're going to hook up."

She: "Are they cutting down trees somewhere?"

Wow. Burned.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I realize it every year about this time when there are too many trees to repot and move out of storage. And yet I'm still looking for more...

Tell me about it. I had to go out and buy 150 lbs of pumice. And then I ran out again!

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Tell me about it. I had to go out and buy 150 lbs of pumice. And then I ran out again!
That's a lot of pumice!

One positive for you, is that you don't have to scramble and move a whole bunch of trees in/out of shelter on those cold April nights. That's another big reminder up here.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
One positive for you, is that you don't have to scramble and move a whole bunch of trees in/out of shelter on those cold April nights. That's another big reminder up here.

Yeah, but I still am constantly moving my trees around at this time of year. The deciduous start in full sun until they leaf out, and then I have to move them more and more into protection as the days getting warmer. One hot day and they'll get leaf burn - even at this time of year. Then I have the newly repotted trees, that start in protection, and slowly get moved out into full sun. The only trees that don't move (for the most part) are the pines and junipers.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
We dump the organics and re-use the inorganic.
Just about to head down to Mayaro for compost sifting.

Addiction ------------------------------ clay everywhere can become pots.
Good Day
Anthony

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
When you have told yourself that you will NOT mess with a corkscrew willow. But while waiting on your son's friend to get last minute things together you sit and study the branch work on the tree. Thinking...is there a possible twisted raft that could cross a valley and be rooted on either side. So you stare...for a good long time. Then notice...said teen is beside you...studying you. ? Nahhhh that's normal right!?!

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I realize it every year about this time when there are too many trees to repot and move out of storage. And yet I'm still looking for more...

I resemble that remark

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I've moved 5 times.....inartfully described.
That definitely put you in the addict league. I moved one with about a hundred plants... not planning on doing that again anytime soon.

Top Bottom