Huge deodor cedar

wwtigraww

Seedling
Reaction score
Long story. Bought this baby years ago incorrectly named. Meant to grow tall thin and arched lol. Ya, now i have enormous fast growing deodor cedar in my small enough back garden :) recently got addicted with bonsai I was thinking that's the only way I can keep this tree instead of just cutting it down.
I did post in local like buy and sell trying to see if somebody wants to dig it and replant it but nope.
So, I need lots of ideas and lots of help if people are willing ? was thinking to keep the base which isn't super interesting and use side branches as eirther cascade or windswept. And to try air root a few branches using cutting globe or something similar.
So ya. ?

Attachments

• 20170412_170657 - Copy.jpg
    20170412_170657 - Copy.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 20180913_151216.jpg
    20180913_151216.jpg
    577.7 KB · Views: 103

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Bumped, I think you need to do it in phases or it could die if not enough green is left.

CWTurner

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nice tree, but it will only get bigger.
Try airlayering off at the top anywhere its interesting. Then you might as well chop it down to a few branches and see what you can make of it in the ground.
CW

wwtigraww

Seedling
Reaction score
Styling a tree that is growing in the ground as a garden feature is called "Niwaki" Google that term, you will get lots of information.
Thank you so much, will do that. Was recommended to try calling local fancy parks in case they might try taking it whole if not will try what you said!

wwtigraww

Seedling
Reaction score
Nice tree, but it will only get bigger.
Try airlayering off at the top anywhere its interesting. Then you might as well chop it down to a few branches and see what you can make of it in the ground.
CW
Thank you! Will need to decide what to do soon enough. Anything is better than cutting it down. I'll post update

Top Bottom