HUGE Ficus microcarpa

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Well since no one fell for it....April Fool's!

:rolleyes:

tmmason10

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Haha I fell for it! Just didn't really know what to say. Pics or it didn't happen...

KennedyMarx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I fell for it too! I thought that the picture wasn't loading and remembered to come back to see proof it was dead. :p

carp

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
PM me with a price including shipping to FLA.
I dont like the sound of $120 shipped though.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Here's the tree today. I moved it into a "fairy box" after a root prune. It's done nothing but grow these past couple of months, as I'm trying to get it healthy before bringing it back indoors.

004.jpg

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Nice! Good to see you kept some of the larger stuff as well :D

Grimmy

KennedyMarx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Looks like it's pretty healthy. I bet next summer you could defoliate and wire it out. I don't think it would take long to get a specimen quality exhibition tree out of it.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi,
Sorry to bother. my parents bought a HUGE (like 37") grafted ficus from brussels for them. (a special occasion)
The pot is 21" by 17". they left it up to me for taking care of it. I won't even touch pruning this tree.
But, they said I need to find a drip tray or something. I can't find one anywhere. Ideas?
Thanks!
PorterIMG_0939.jpg

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Hi,
Sorry to bother. my parents bought a HUGE (like 37") grafted ficus from brussels for them. (a special occasion)
The pot is 21" by 17". they left it up to me for taking care of it. I won't even touch pruning this tree.
But, they said I need to find a drip tray or something. I can't find one anywhere. Ideas?
Thanks!
PorterView attachment 58359

You don't need a drip tray. It's a ficus, you'll be fine.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Oh,
Well, your ficus looks awesome. I mean, the trunk is all gnarly and thick.
Nice!
Thanks,
Porter

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Repotted into a nice pumice/lava rock/pine bark mixture today and into a big training pot.
006.JPG

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
If anyone is interested, this could find a new home for the right price. PM me with offers if interested.

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
If anyone is interested, this could find a new home for the right price. PM me with offers if interested.

Ryan I was not a fan of ficus when I first got into Bonsai, but after being here for 3 yrs, watching your trees and such, and enjoying the work you do, I now own 2 ficus and really like them. With that said, I would love to own this big one you have, but to be honest I will flat out say...I think this beautiful tree is beyond my limited capabilities and I probably would not be able to give it the care it truly deserves.

With that said....If you are selling off any of your other mid size stock (if you have left) smaller, pm me please.

Steve

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Ryan I was not a fan of ficus when I first got into Bonsai, but after being here for 3 yrs, watching your trees and such, and enjoying the work you do, I now own 2 ficus and really like them. With that said, I would love to own this big one you have, but to be honest I will flat out say...I think this beautiful tree is beyond my limited capabilities and I probably would not be able to give it the care it truly deserves.

With that said....If you are selling off any of your other mid size stock (if you have left) smaller, pm me please.

Steve

I appreciate you posting this Steve, it means a lot. I didn't know I had positive effects like these and it's good to hear.

I have made my mind up and I'm not selling this one after all. Had someone appoached me at the time, I would've sold it. I've decided that I need this tree to prove to myself that I do have some sort of artistic bonsai eye. I have to develop it into something.

And unfortunately I don't have any smaller stock, all the trees I have now are all huge. Actually, I do have one willow leaf that's smaller that I'm trying to get rid of.

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
No prob Ryan, like I said I was not that much a fan of ficus the first 3 yrs, but maybe you will remember, I pm'ed you about 6 months ago about one I had and I took your advice on the way to go, and every since then, I've been more into ficus. Just great trees IMO and I love the ones you post. They are what I want mine to morph into for sure.

I have 4 ficus as of now, biggest trunk is a 2" trunk chop one, but one I have been wanting is a willow leaf!. How much do you want for that willow leaf, and got a pic? PM me please if you want to sell it. Thanks.

Top Bottom