Huge thanks to Will/grouper52 for my autographed copy of Gnarly Branches,Ancient Trees

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
First off...I am humbled to have had Will offer to sign a copy for me. But it didn't end there...it arrived today as I was heading out the door. Ran back inside to open. And what to my surprise a beautifully wrapped package!!! Looking forward to sitting down and digesting this book...photos are amazing! More to my style...not overly well manicured. A good balance of nature with a notice of one slightly taming it.

First off it arrived looking very special...(gold paper)
image.jpg

image.jpg

A suprize autograph inside...
image.jpg

And honored to have Will as well sign a personal message...

image.jpg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Dang. Another book I need for my bonsai library...
Oh it brings on an appreciation of collected trees allowed to be yet all the way tamed. Had to get a tire fixed and browsed through the photos. Didn't want to take time to read when so much noise was going on in the shop.

Excited to have my husband look at it...surely will bring in his appreciate to collected trees for certain. And my loving conifers at the moment...a dream. Though there are other species in the book.

But a MUST HAVE for ones library!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
As an avid reader...a book in every room of our home. With also a book nook under the stairway. I found myself engrossed in this book to the point of forgetting myself. Attempting to zoom in on a photo not once...but THREE TIMES! As one would if using an iPad.

@Walter Pall ...your forward will have me seeing bonsai in an entire new light. I have always admired naturalistic trees to a degree. Don't get me wrong...I can appreciate what one brings to the table with a well manicured bonsai. But your wording was simply superb!

This book has just begun to set me on fire to bring fourth more of myself by studying nature around me. And set fourth on seeing that in my own collection to a degree. One day...I might even aspire to have a gnarly collected tree. I surely want to go visit Dan's garden...and will request it for an anniversary trip!

This book is a must for ones library. It's very moving...and I have only just started turning the pages!

evmibo

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Inspirational to say the least. I can't wait to visit Elandan again. Will and Dan are two cool guys, so much knowledge between the two, so many neat stories.

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This book has just begun to set me on fire to bring fourth more of myself by studying nature around me. And set fourth on seeing that in my own collection to a degree. One day...I might even aspire to have a gnarly collected tree. I surely want to go visit Dan's garden...and will request it for an anniversary trip!

:) :) :)

Thanks for all your kind words. I'm glad the book means so much to you, and I'm sure you will treasure it - and its influence on you and your trees - for years to come.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
:) :) :)

Thanks for all your kind words. I'm glad the book means so much to you, and I'm sure you will treasure it - and its influence on you and your trees - for years to come.

Will...words can't describe that book and what it brought to me just the short time I have had it. Clarity for one...I was so excited last night I couldn't put it down...way past my bedtime.

To clearly see Dan's path...opens up so much to my own walk along my journey. It gave a piece of me back...that I lost with that whole bonsai hobbiest = mediocre trees.

I see things more clearly...and I've only just begun reading that book!

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
To clearly see Dan's path...opens up so much to my own walk along my journey. It gave a piece of me back...that I lost with that whole bonsai hobbiest = mediocre trees.
I've come to realize that you have to just look past those kinds of comments and be true to yourself. If that means you create something other than classically styled bonsai, there's nothing wrong with that! Don't let others make you feel there is, or that you have to do things the way they do.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I've come to realize that you have to just look past those kinds of comments and be true to yourself. If that means you create something other than classically styled bonsai, there's nothing wrong with that! Don't let others make you feel there is, or that you have to do things they way they do.
Thanks...More the "quality" of material...but...it's in my own comfort zone budget. One at this time...my horticultural ability feels capable of. But thank you again...Dan's path...Walter Pall's Forward...clicked for me. Set me back on track to full speed ahead. And the vision I see I want my collection to go...and the "style" that feeds my soul.

Top Bottom