Humble start.

Kandoloh

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
This is a look at my lone bench. (It's a start!). A friend of my wife's family made the bench. Most are cuttings from the bougainvillea and where the dragon lady lives for now. There is one cutting from the boxwood I brought home today that I am trying to root, and there are also 6x spruce seeds I am trying to germinate, but I don't think they will make it. Just my humble start. I love this hobby!image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 9

Kandoloh

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
It's a little packed right now but that's what I get to work with for space. I have a whole bed in the garden that I'm waiting to put some trees in. I've put all the left over night crawlers from my fishing trips in and it's real fertile. it's crying out for some good stuff! It just gets way too much mid day sun for a Texas summer so I have to be choosy about what I put there.

Kandoloh

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I pour the water over them so it doesn't make a hole in the soil. Other than that no real reason other than I had them laying around lol

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Not a good idea. Get a watering can with a rose nozzle (lots of little holes) and water like rain; pretend you are Mother Nature.

And that soil looks VERY heavy. Make some bonsai soil (Turface or Mule Mix or Oil Dri) and . . . pine bark soil conditioner 50/50 0r 60/40. Otherwise your plants (especially the succulents) will rot in th pot.

Kandoloh

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
The spruce are in seed starting mix, it dries out real fast. The others are just in garden soil, it's been so hot that I've had to water then every other day, that's probably why it looks heavier than it is really, I had just watered. I only water when the top layer looks dry. They seem to be doing good to me. The bougainvillea cuttings have new growth, they were just sticks. A couple of them didn't push any new growth so I pulled a couple up (no biggie I have the nice mother plant that is doing very well). But I will definitely put them in something better when I repot them. I'm not quite sure when to repot them as I've only had them rooting for maybe 3 weeks. Any suggestion on time to repot a cutting? I used rooting hormone, but I don't want to disturb them to check on the roots since it's only been so short of time.

Top Bottom