Humic Acid - what strength, how often?

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
No formal study......but in the PNW many of our forest floors are very thick Humus layers and it provides many environmental benefits to the forest ecosystem. Been using the same large jug of humid acid for years now, especially on my native conifers. After repotting many this spring and noting the great amount of fine roots, I ponder if it was due to a combination of my soil components, slow released fertilizer and the humic acid? If I didn’t do one of these would it have made a difference?
Cheers
It is proven by many leading hydroponic scientists and myself that fulvic acid ( at least a partial fraction of the black humic powder) is a low molecular weight humic substance that carries plant growth elements and nutrients into plant cells extremely efficiently.It is actually recommended to cut fertilzer by at least 20-30% if adding pure fulvic powder(the reddish or brown stuff).Though not 100% pure.
I use .8-1 ec of npk nearly my whole entire grow after the initial seedling stage with like .3ec which is usually early veg stregth.MUCH LESS SALT AND MORE WATER.
Humic chelates or holds like a claw the mineral nutrients such a s calcium or iron and keeps near the roots for later.Fulvic has such low molecular weight it transports minerals or growth promoting substances directly into the plant cell ion in as little as 4 hours...whether cytokinies in kelp or npk or micronutrients.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
While I am a promoter of chemical fertilizers, I do use seaweed and humic acids as supplements myself.
Me, too. I use liquid Kelp ( and kelp meal), Fulvex, Humic Acid, Menefee Humate, Green Sand, and Bone Char, all at minimal levels. I'm an "all of the above" kind of guy. I would use ground/crushed Leonardite if a dealer in my area carried it.

Top Bottom