Rivian

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Whats eating my fert? Im not complaining, quite the opposite
12lll7.jpg
2lll53.jpg

Its organic, plant based fertilizer in pellet form. 'Saidung plus'. Applied less than a week ago
This pot houses an azalea but azalea roots are around 1/10th of a millimeter in diameter and these are like a 1/100th, I would guess. So mycelium?
Soil is purely organic, peat based but not too heavy like others.
Saidung is being eaten but not the old grape or leaves. Picky eater
I wonder if this stuff can live well in inorganic soil too

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
fungal tissue. Breaking the organics into a form that the tree can actually use. "it is working"

bwaynef

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I notice similar after fresh application of organic fert, particularly the following morning (and more so if it rained that evening). It's usually diminished by the following day.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Fungi are external digesters, so they secrete material that breaks tissue down and then they absorb whatever leeches out.
They live in inorganic soils too.

Leaves and harder material require different enzymes to break down, like pectinase and cellulase, which are way more sensitive to high temperatures and humidity. That's why foliage munchers tend to thrive in the colder seasons, and not as much during the summer.

bwaynef

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Here’s mine after a couple of days of evening storms and a couple waterings. Just a little fuzz all over.

Attachments

• 2AFD99B7-3F4D-4351-82BE-5E26BE40C0E9.jpeg
    2AFD99B7-3F4D-4351-82BE-5E26BE40C0E9.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom