Hydrofarm Happy Frog fertiliser...

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I've used it for a few years with pretty good results, I use the all purpose 5-5-5 though.
It's in a somewhat powder form and I'll just spread little piles on the soil surface.

Aaron

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Thanks Aaron.
Here's a picture of my stuff.14632317612052000983283.jpg
Only downfall I've had is in spring when I don't have my shade cloth up the birds will go NUTS for the stuff, and boy does it have an acquired scent lmao:p especially on fish emulsion days, those two together could kill a man.

Aaron

P.s. I literally found about a inch size frog in a bag last year.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here's a picture of my stuff.View attachment 104862
Only downfall I've had is in spring when I don't have my shade cloth up the birds will go NUTS for the stuff, and boy does it have an acquired scent lmao:p especially on fish emulsion days, those two together could kill a man.

Aaron

P.s. I literally found about a inch size frog in a bag last year.

Was it a happy frog?

BethF

Mame
Reaction score
The reviews on Amazon are good. Oddly, the site says the product isn't sold in Illinois. Wonder what's up with that? Anyway, here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/FoxFarm-FX14055-Happy-Japanese-Fertilizer/dp/B002KIYXP8. I'm going to try it. Often my maples react to fertilization by throwing off useless, coarse growth. Maybe the NPK balance in the stuff will prevent this from happening. We shall see.

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah mine to. Two years in a row now that I had to cut back almost all the new growth. Its frustrating. I'm trying to get a short first node to start off building a branch, but that first ones keeps growing a long internode. To much N sounds logic to me...
I'm thinking put this stuff in a PVC pipe cut off, on top the soil.....;)
Aaron thanks for the photo. That is exactly what I wanted to know. It doesn't dissolve quickly does it? Its organic, so it will break down slowly into the soil....?

Top Bottom