Hydrogen Peroxide??

Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
just saw this on a website
do you think it would be good for Bonsai?

"Hydrogen peroxide works by releasing oxygen. Because plants use oxygen to absorb nutrients from the soil, they love this extra oxygen molecule. This promotes healthier, more vigorous plant growth for your garden.

To encourage garden growth, mix one teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide per one cup of water. After you pour the mixture into a spray bottle, mist your plants. If you want to cover an entire garden, increase your dosage to 35% hydrogen peroxide. You can also use this to pre-treat seeds. Since peroxide kills fungi, it also wards off potential diseases such as root infections"

AaronThomas

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Yeah... I use 40 vol. peroxide (12%) to bleach skulls and skeletons.... the vapors of 35% would scorch you eyeballs.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Oh! THAT makes a little more sense! 😂

If you are talking retail concentrations... (like not commercial, scientific or military 😂)

It's already diluted enough, in my opinion. Any horticultural use that I'VE personally applied/utilized, came straight from that brown bottle. (as my 'units')

I have, however never flushed through application to watering schedule.

I just had to reply.. so shocked at the thought of 35 percent!
🤓

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
I also use H2O2 to reduce pest and disease but the main thrust of the OP arrears to be to add extra Oxygen to the root zone. Not sure that is necessary, especially with modern, well aerated potting soils?

AaronThomas

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
35% hydrogen peroxide 65% water mix lol, not 35% concentration of h2o2 :)
Okay good! Let’s face it… This isn’t the silliest reply you’ll see me make here. LOL 35% diluted… Duly noted!

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
From an old BN post in case you are still interested….

H2O2 Tables.

Cheers
DSD sends

Top Bottom