I don’t think this is what Naka intended

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If that bird is dead, be careful in removing the body. Wear gloves and wash your hands. Birds that die with no apparent cause are a reason to be cautious. West Nile virus is still around. It has killed hundreds of thousands or crows and jays around here beginning 20 years ago. It's not directly transmissible to humans. Avian flu is now rampant in the Eastern U.S. too. It also typically doesn't infect humans, but it can. worth taking precautions.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It chose your tree as a final resting place. You should feel honored.
I appreciate the sentiment, however I couldn’t find a head, which deepens the mystery as to how it got there. There could be a head, but I wasn’t really interested in poking around.
I did use plastic and washed my hands when removing.

Attachments

• 5FF54957-A7B4-4B38-8DD4-EB580AB65B2A.jpeg
    5FF54957-A7B4-4B38-8DD4-EB580AB65B2A.jpeg
    272.2 KB · Views: 45

Gabler

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
So long as you wash your hands, you should be fine. West Nile virus is dangerous to birds and horses, but humans won’t even be aware they have it without taking a blood test. Avian flu is moderately more serious. It’s seriously not fun to have it. It’s generally not dangerous. Just extremely unpleasant.

Gabler

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I appreciate the sentiment, however I couldn’t find a head, which deepens the mystery as to how it got there. There could be a head, but I wasn’t really interested in poking around.
I did use plastic and washed my hands when removing.

If the head is missing, a hawk probably dropped it. Also, I meant to be more humorous than sentimental, but I guess the joke didn’t land any more successfully than the bird.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
If the head is missing, a hawk probably dropped it. Also, I meant to be more humorous than sentimental, but I guess the joke didn’t land any more successfully than the bird.
The joke landed when it was dropped by a passing hawk, yes?;)

I was just pointing out that he probably didn’t choose his resting place since his head wasn’t really in the game.

LittleDingus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The decapitation, if done pre death, rules out disease ;-) You have cats?

It rules out disease as the ultimate cause of death...not that the bird was diseased pre-death.

_Always_ take due care handling dead animals. I would think recent events would illustrate that...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The decapitation, if done pre death, rules out disease ;-) You have cats?
I have an indoor cat. She is not capable. The neighbors cats are more of the “mouser” type, but decapitate a bird and then hide it in my tree?!?
83E59A3B-3433-49F8-A404-35E6CA4E9FA0.jpeg

Top Bottom