I finally finished the work on my pinus uncinata.

Hans van Meer

Yamadori
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Yesterday I finally had the change to finish the work on my Pinus Uncinata. Although it took me a month or so to long to do it all, I am glad with the outcome of my work. The tree had enough growth and new foliage for me to give the image more height and width, I even removed a major branch from the left bottom branch. There was no more need for heavy wire, every main branch is fixated, more or less, in it's right place. I tried to create more layers in the separate foliage pads and more open spaces between the foliage, these details create a whole new feeling when I look at it. The tree, now, looks taller and more like it is growing in the distance. I feel this is very important part of the future process of trying to find some sort of believable balance in this extreme Bonsai design I have in my mind for this Pine! It is far from finished, but we are getting closer and closer! I love it!:D
I you like to see more, go check out my Blog!
Hope you like it so far?
Hans van Meer.

Attachments

• December 2008 060 hans van meer..jpg
    December 2008 060 hans van meer..jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 113
  • December 2008 072 hans van meer..jpg
    December 2008 072 hans van meer..jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 65

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
Excellent Hans!!

Killer tree....wanna trade for a Hemlock? :D

Thanks for sharing with us!

Jason

Hans van Meer

Yamadori
Reaction score
Excellent Hans!!

Killer tree....wanna trade for a Hemlock? :D

Thanks for sharing with us!

Jason

HAHA! You wish! No this baby is not for sale, it is such a challenge this tree and I don't mind looking at it for the rest of my days! I will make some drawings tomorrow for you my friend!:D
Hans van Meer.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Excellent work, I wish I could see it in person. Pictures never do a tree justice.
Harry

Last edited:

king kong

Banned
Reaction score
Nice design

Looks a little 'Girly' to me. Do you grow it from seed?

king kong

Banned
Reaction score
The Gin Buster

WANTED Gin removed or shortened

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have to agree Hans, shorten a little? The jin?

Great looking tree by the way.

Hans van Meer

Yamadori
Reaction score
WANTED Gin removed or shortened

HI Kong,
GIN? as in JENEVER or SNAPPS?:)

I sure hope you don't mean "JIN" as in deadwood? That is like removing the smile from THE MONA LISA. That, for me, would be like removing the soul of this ancient and rare Pine. That deadwood is so stunning! That piece of deadwood is why I drove up and down Europe, twice. I like to preserve as much as posible of that priceless deadwood in my designs, that is what I like to work with as a artist. I saw this image of this future Bonsai, the first time I laid my eyes on it. I realy like to incorporate natures beautiful mistakes in to my overall image. That's my thing, wait till it finished in about 6 to 8 years. Than I can always remove it when it turns out totally wrong, but I am sure that it will look just fine. And maybe even different or special.;) The foliage of this tree has to grow so much more, by than I will know if my feeling was wright or wrong, but only than! I hope to change your mind in the future though!
Regards,
Hans.

Last edited:

king kong

Banned
Reaction score
Testing 1 2 , Interesting but I like the jin. Can we glue it back on!

Attachments

• #4.JPG
    #4.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 47
  • December%202008%20060%20hans%20van%20meer_.jpg
    December%202008%20060%20hans%20van%20meer_.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
This little guy looks like he's trying to push your tree over.

Harry

Attachments

• guy.JPG
    guy.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 59
Top Bottom