I find it amusing......

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
after watching the posters here that on the weekend, there maybe will be three or four posters on line at any given time, but come Monday thur Friday when people are supposed to be working, there are usually and average of twelve to fifteen posters on throught out the day, why is that......:D

keep it green,
Harry

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Maybe it's because bonsai at work is more fun than work at work? (spin on an ESPN commercial)

M.B.

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Harry, some of us work swing shift so we play on the computer during the day before work. I have no internet access at work anymore thanks to stupid coworkers that abused it. Two or three people abuse the privilege (and management knew who it was) and yet they cut it off for all.
Mary B.

ericN

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Im working in front of a computer monday to friday and peeking at bonsai website every now and then is a must;) lol. then comes the weekend where i don't wana even touch my pimped up laptop!

eric

GOZTEK

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
i work in my hardware store from monday to friday but i still have some time to go check on my trees (its raining so its not needed to water everyday) You can be surprised after some while of watching them, i mean i watch them daily but if i do like i did today go through each one you will see new growth coming out of some trees, we are still in the growing season here and i tend to dream and find a style for them and how they will be in the future if i don't manage to kill them first....

grizzlywon

Shohin
Reaction score
Fresno, CA. Were all the food comes from if we ha
USDA Zone
9A
Something I find amusing is that I can post 4 threads with (around 100+) pictures and descriptions and I get ZERO responses. Oh, one of the four got one response. WOOHOO

I have also seen other newbies post trees with legitimate questions and no one has anything to offer. I have even stepped in a few times to at least send them to some bookmarks that I have saved on the specimen etc.

Others on this site post a $3 home depot tree and it goes on for pages! I've said it before and I'll say it again. I miss BT!

The more I am here the more I feel like I'm not in the "in crowd." I think its time to move on.

Last edited:

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Something I find amusing is that I can post 4 threads with (around 100+) pictures and descriptions and I get ZERO responses. Oh, one of the four got one response. WOOHOO

I have also seen other newbies post trees with legitimate questions and no one has anything to offer. I have even stepped in a few times to at least send them to some bookmarks that I have saved on the specimen etc.

Others on this site post a $3 home depot tree and it goes on for pages! I've said it before and I'll say it again. I miss BT!

The more I am here the more I feel like I'm not in the "in crowd." I think its time to move on.

Sorry you spent all that time posting with very few responses. I went back to your post , Dwight's Way Nursury and to be perfectly honest, they are not very exciting trees. That doesn't leave much a person can say, except thanks for posting.

keep it green,
Harry

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score

Sad to say but I prefer Face Book....I have lots of Bonsai friends there and always have fantastic pics to see.
Irene

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
In case you luddites haven't heard: Facebook is dead. It's "jumped the shark" a couple of years ago.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/19/whats-next-after-twitter_n_326291.html

Even Twitter isn't what it used to be.

Frankly, I think there are significant issues with all "social media," privacy not being the least. They're also mercurial and pretty darn shallow (not to mention annoying--how many "friends" can you have?

If you think you can do better than plain old stodgy forums, then by all means move on. You're probably not going to get the same in-depth advice however--witness the atrocity of that last Facebook video on repotting that was cross posted here. There are alot of those. I've not seen anywhere near the depth of expertise on Facebook, twitter, whatever as that on plain old forums.

Move if you must, but look before you leap.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey Rockum, could you point us to some of that "in-depth advice" you mentioned? ;)

Will

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
From my personal observation when the nursery posts hit all at once. I viewed the first one, the second one was similar, saw little interest there and moved on. I wasn't about to hit phtobucket for more of the same. 4 post in a row could be considered spam, they could have been done in one thread vice 4

Get off your "newbie" wagon, often folks do not comment out of fear of offending someone.

Then perhaps albeit a $3 tree, it was worthy of discussion.

You have been offered plenty of advice, you need to gel, it will come, patience...

FWIW BT was not what folks make it out to be. It was once a great site, the operative word WAS. A lot of good data and friendships were found there once upon a time...

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You REALLY wanna go there Will?

I have seen any number of posts here that have gone into tremendous detail in what actions to take, what care is required, what works and what doesn't, where to find supplies, what supplies aren't worth it, tree IDs, tree suitability and availability, collection techniques, etc. The list goes on and on...

You have been a particular recipient of this information over the years, if I remember correctly (although I've been posting going on a decade now and my memory is what it used to be). My guess is that you would not be into be so heavily invested in bonsai if it weren't for forums. You certainly wouldn't have met as many knowledgeable bonsai people if it weren't for them--think back a bit.

AOB and most of the information posted there basically owes its existence to them. Saying otherwise is simply disingenuous...

Top Bottom