I got a problem

junmilo

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So.. Just checking one of my ume.. And this is what I saw... Swelling flower buds wanting to bloom... Its only fall right now. lol... This sucks.. Any suggestions?

Thanks

JZ

IMG_20181108_082400.jpg

IMG_20181108_082353.jpg

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I have seen some buds swelling here too. But they stop developing at a certain point. I'm thinking it's pretty normal, of course the outer layer of dead protection needs to start somewhere in the center and work its way outwards. It could be why some buds look like they're swelling and about to pop, but they don't.
I hope I'm right! ;-)

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
So.. Just checking one of my ume.. And this is what I saw... Swelling flower buds wanting to bloom... Its only fall right now. lol... This sucks.. Any suggestions?
Suggest you don’t worry too much about this. This is what Ume do in the fall -> winter. When it’s warm enough, the buds move, and when it’s cold they stop. What the tree doesn’t need is a hard freeze now until after flowering, or the buds will “blast”. Not fatal, just ruins the flowers for the season. So, keep it somewhere cold-ish, keep an eye on watering so it doesn’t dry out, and keep calm...Ume on.

Top Bottom