I have a narrow leaf ficus

rhawes

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
That I recently repotted into a bonsai pot and it lost all of its leaves will new ones grow back or did I lose the tree?

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't know where you are but it is a bit early here to repot ficus. Yes, it will regrow leaves, just don't overwater. Willow leaf ficus usually do defoliate.

Grovic

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
That I recently repotted into a bonsai pot and it lost all of its leaves will new ones grow back or did I lose the tree?
Ficuses are tough, it will probably grow new leaves, Don't let the soil go completely dry. I have mine in akadama and kyriu, and I water when I see some of the surface rocks starting to change to a "dry" color.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Mine drops it's leaves every year when I bring it in for the winter, just to be sassy. I freaked out the first year, now I'm used to it, they will come back.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not that tough at all and many ficus like to get a bit dry. There are over 800 species and over a dozen easy for bonsai. Do not overwater a bare ficus, especially a willow leaf. The only one I ever killed was over watered when bare leafed.

Top Bottom