I have a serious pot addiction

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
No not that kind. Wait? Which kind were you thinking.
I can't help it- I love pots.
I have about 13 trees right now. Let go of 7 projects that were nothing special.
I have about 35 extra pots now.
I love shohin and mame sizes. I should cut out about half of them but I can't decide which to let go of. How do I decide?

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
That's not including the pots I have hidden away from myself in my spare room- maybe 10 more in there that I forgot I even had.
I've always had good taste but it's definitely still getting better. Lol

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you keep em? I have about 170 or 180 empty handmade high quality pots more than I have trees. I know people with over 3000 handmade high quality pots, so it's not that bad and you could probably get away with doubling or tripling your collection ;)
If you like them that's totally okay!

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
That's not including the pots I have hidden away from myself in my spare room- maybe 10 more in there that I forgot I even had.
I've always had good taste but it's definitely still getting better. Lol
Haha!
Just like finding a stash that you forgot you stashed.
Thats when your addiction is confirmed.

Tidal Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Why wouldn't you keep em? I have about 170 or 180 empty handmade high quality pots more than I have trees. I know people with over 3000 handmade high quality pots, so it's not that bad and you could probably get away with doubling or tripling your collection ;)

Once repotting season comes around, options are always good!!!

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I have about 13 trees right now. Let go of 7 projects that were nothing special.
I love shohin and mame sizes. I should cut out about half of them but I can't decide which to let go of. How do I decide?
I feel ya...but pix or it didn’t happen. Let’s see the stash...
B3C7BAAD-4DF3-42DA-B347-46AA4D1A7502.jpeg7F6CD250-E98B-4109-A64F-E39EF04DCE53.jpeg

Mike Hennigan

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b

I feel like 3,000 pots could qualify you for an episode of ‘Hoarders’. Unless you’re opening a pot shop, but that’s only legal in certain states. ?

erb.75

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
you can let me pick which to let go of :) I'd be happy to help!

Top Bottom