I just finished the Korea National Bonsai Certification Test

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I just finished the test. My brain is going to explode from memorising all the Korean, Latin and Chinese.
3 long hours are finally over and now I have to wait for the result.

Of course it isn't at all nerve wracking to have an eagle eyed judge with super blank and stony expression standing next to you all the time.

Truthfully the exam was quite a challenge because I got a Red Pine with reverse tapering so I had to do a good deal of shari work.

Anyway will see what happens, might just be the first foreigner to pass this.271932

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Mighty fine!
Very cool. You always pay attention to the details and think through what you say.
Hoping for the best outcome. nice...not just a paper test...hands on test.

Are all the people seated also applicants in the test?
Are the judges in front.

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Mighty fine!
Very cool. You always pay attention to the details and think through what you say.
Hoping for the best outcome. nice...not just a paper test...hands on test.

Are all the people seated also applicants in the test?
Are the judges in front.
Thanks a lot. Yes this time there were quite many people. About fifty or so.
Judges are at the front.
Hahaha none of the recognised Bonsai Associations in Korea or Japan would ever do only a written test. Actually I think this test only exists in Korea and Japan because as far as I know China doesn't have a national test...although Taiwan might

Reaction score
Wow, really great post!! Thanks for your contributions to the site. I look forward to the results

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Congratulations on making it to this point! I hope the outcome is a good one for you, I can't believe it takes a month to find out, that is nerve-racking. Please keep us updated.

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

SquatJar

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Congrats on getting this far, fingers crossed for a great result. Will be great to have you in Aus if that is still the plan

Top Bottom