I made it!

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
Today marks my first official day of retirement. I quit my job this morning, am going to pursue other avenues.

One avenue I am eager to re engage in, is building stands. I have not built any since way before my wife passed in 2017 and I think it had been about two year before that. 2015 was the last stands I built which was the two box stands.

I will be building stands and posting some here that will be for sale. I am not going to do custom work. I wish to build stands and then just sell them. I may build a like stand in a different size for someone, but that would be my range as far as custom.

Happier days!

Some stands from years gone by I've built.
View attachment 234377View attachment 234378View attachment 234379View attachment 234380View attachment 234381View attachment 234383View attachment 234384View attachment 234387View attachment 234386
Nice stands! Those shohin stands near your Toyota tundra are exactly what I'm looking for. You wouldn't happen to have one of those for sale would you?

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Today marks my first official day of retirement. I quit my job this morning, am going to pursue other avenues.

One avenue I am eager to re engage in, is building stands. I have not built any since way before my wife passed in 2017 and I think it had been about two year before that. 2015 was the last stands I built which was the two box stands.

I will be building stands and posting some here that will be for sale. I am not going to do custom work. I wish to build stands and then just sell them. I may build a like stand in a different size for someone, but that would be my range as far as custom.

Happier days!

Some stands from years gone by I've built.

Congrats!!! Retirement turned out to be the biggest mistake of my life, but your circumstances are much different than mine, and I hope it is all you have hoped for! Gorgeous stands, BTW!!! "Smoke" by the way, never disappears entirely, it just dissipates slowly into the surroundings, with an often poignant scent that lingers endlessly!!!

erb.75

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
She is and will be organizing the show again this May. We are in a new spot for the 2nd year, no longer at the botanic garden. But we have more indoor show space and sales area. We’d love to have you for a Tuesday night meeting or maybe we could set up a special weekend workshop.
wow! another Erb! that's supERB!

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice stands! Those shohin stands near your Toyota tundra are exactly what I'm looking for. You wouldn't happen to have one of those for sale would you?
I have one but it is not for sale. Too hot here to make more right now.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think that is really fantastic. I am trying my best to retire and I am over halfway there. I'll be 70 in a week. I will be pursuing my pottery whole heartedly and doing a bit of woodworking to boot.

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
I have one but it is not for sale. Too hot here to make more right now.
OK. No problem. I wonder if someone near me in Michigan has one to lend for the annual show for two days. I'm ok with renting a stand too. Maybe I'll reach out to our club president. Thanks though. Beautiful work on the stands, BTW.

Top Bottom