I made it!

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Today marks my first official day of retirement. I quit my job this morning, am going to pursue other avenues.

One avenue I am eager to re engage in, is building stands. I have not built any since way before my wife passed in 2017 and I think it had been about two year before that. 2015 was the last stands I built which was the two box stands.

I will be building stands and posting some here that will be for sale. I am not going to do custom work. I wish to build stands and then just sell them. I may build a like stand in a different size for someone, but that would be my range as far as custom.

Happier days!

Some stands from years gone by I've built.
024.JPG007.JPG038.JPG0007.JPGDSCF0649.JPGDSC_000200013.JPGDSC_00040001.JPGDSC_00120002.JPGDSC_000500052.JPG

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Congrats on retirement!!!
Your stands are amazing, great craftsmanship. I cant wait to see your future works.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have a couple growers that wish to use my services in twisting up material and Ed Clark will be eager to use me. I have quite a few clubs that I have said no to for demo's and workshops due to work constraints.

I have plenty to keep be busy

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Congratulations! Just looked at the old calculator and I have 3 years left. Can not wait. Looks like you have a plan. That is good.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'll add my "congratulations" on the occasion of your retirement. Still about 10 years away for us.

Have always thought you built nice stands, glad to see you're going to have more time for that.

Cosmos

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wanna come demo/teach in Québec for a few days, Smoke? We’ve got a passionate group of guys here, you’d fit right in and could help us with several projects. Fall is a very nice time to visit the region.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Man, I can't wait to join the retirement force! But I have 40 more years to go.

Good luck on your ventures smoke!

discusmike

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Congrats on your retirement,thats some really nice carpentry work you have there.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Congrats! Wish I could do that...I'm diggin' the big low stands BTW. How big can you make?

PaulH

Omono
Reaction score
Congratulations! I'm hoping to join you in full time bonsai nutness in a couple of years.

Cosmos

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wanna come demo/teach in Québec for a few days, Smoke? We’ve got a passionate group of guys here, you’d fit right in and could help us with several projects. Fall is a very nice time to visit the region.

Oh, and congratulations are in order, obviously, don’t mind my manners.

Beautiful stands, too.

RobertB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like them all but really like the spider web one. These looks exceptional. You must have a pretty good bit of tools and experience or be extremely good with moderate tools. joints and such look great. can we see some close ups?

D

Deleted member 21616

Congrats! Nice work!

Would be fun if people could give you a picture of the tree and pot, and you build stands according to your design intentions (surprise for the buyer). What i mean is, i have no idea where to begin when it comes to choosing stands. Maybe a lot of people are in the same boat as me? That might be a fun, and interesting service to offer for you and the buyer. Just sharing the first things that came to mind :)

D

Top Bottom