I need to secure a few pots down...care to share photos how you do yours

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
For what it's worth, here are a few pictures. Nothing fancy or pretty, but highly functional.

John

View attachment 75422 View attachment 75423
Thanks John...I'm not looking for looks...just protection while I'm away.

What is the name of the curly leaf tree? It's an azalea!?! Really cool looking! How cold hardy are they?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I'd be happy to do just that if Darlene could arrange transport for them!
Thanks Judy, we head up to family tomorrow since they are closer to the airport...I've last minute things and no additional time to do transport. But that is awfully kind of you! Thanks for the offer.

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Thanks John...I'm not looking for looks...just protection while I'm away.

What is the name of the curly leaf tree? It's an azalea!?! Really cool looking! How cold hardy are they?

It is a satsuki azalea, "Shimo no tusuki" or "frost of the moon", as I have been told. It has light pink flowers that are really beautiful. I don't know how cold tolerant it is, I leave it out all winter here, in Mobile, AL, unless we get a late frost. It gets brought in then to protect the flowers and buds.

John

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
On short temporary situations I place large rocks around trees. Rocks about a little smaller than a bowling ball. Rocks are abundant where I live though.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
It is a satsuki azalea, "Shimo no tusuki" or "frost of the moon", as I have been told. It has light pink flowers that are really beautiful. I don't know how cold tolerant it is, I leave it out all winter here, in Mobile, AL, unless we get a late frost. It gets brought in then to protect the flowers and buds.

John
Sounds like it may not like northern locations...I will just admire your updates on this number. Thanks!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I have a mistletoe ficus in a tall, narrow cascade pot that is an absolute pain to keep on the bench. Are there any "invisible" ways of keeping it on the bench? It will be going inside soon but until then, it would be nice to have options.

I'm thinking of building a box with a wide base so I can move the tree and such...

Top Bottom