I passed the Korean National Bonsai Exam! Woooohooooo

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Also plan to give some demos as I travel

Whenever you feel like it, and if you can afford the plane ticket and bear the jetlag, you'll be welcome here, free accomodation provided :D

Meanwhile, keep us updated of your adventures in the land of OZ...

Félicitations ! 👍

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nice work! I believe I have read in previous posts that you were thinking of migrating to Australia when you completed your Bonsai training. If you stick around in Korea for a couple years I would love to see some more videos of you and your teacher wandering the nursery and talking tree.

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hahah thanks so much! Due to my wife's health I have to postpone our Oz move. Anyway more time to practice. I plan on doing a Euro trip next year but not sure yet. Do you have a club in your area?

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nice work! I believe I have read in previous posts that you were thinking of migrating to Australia when you completed your Bonsai training. If you stick around in Korea for a couple years I would love to see some more videos of you and your teacher wandering the nursery and talking tree.
Hehe the Australia move is postponed so many more vids coming up🤣

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
There should be a thread on this. But basically it is similar. Apprenticeships are as hard to come by as diamonds these days but Master Kim Young Jong was willing to take me on as a disciple instead.
Which is similar except I have another job and study with the master when I wasn't working elsewhere.
To take the test the master needs to fill out a form guaranteeing your experience.
3 Years for apprenticeship test (yes you need to pass a test to be an apprentice) 2nd Degree Junior
6 for the 1st Degree Senior
10 For Master test.

There are also schools but the tutelage is often poor.....something I am working on changing. Also some 'schools' offer certificates but these are not recognized at all. I plan on trying to make a system for foreigners to come study.

So you passed the 10yr Master test?

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I am super happy! The announcement just came out on the Korean Bonsai Association website today!
I am the first foreigner to get qualified in Korea! Super happy! Stoked in fact. I think this is more exciting than havng completed my doctorate! This is way cooler. I am now certified in Bonsai at the First Degree.

Thanks to everyone here! Lots of widsom here helped start to pave the way. Seems like just the other day I was a noob on Bonsainut! Thanks eveyone! Love all you nuts!

My name in Korean has a red dot next to it.
Will post th3 certificate when it comes.View attachment 273712
Congratulations!

Top Bottom