I really like my coffee (a rant)

USDA Zone
9a
My wife went grocery shopping to get enough to hold us over till the 1st of the month. All I asked for was some black roast coffee. She came home with 3 cases of soda, 2 boxes of ice cream and a gallon bucket of ice cream. I noticed my coffee wasn't there. I asked for the change so I could go get some. I was told that all of the grocery money was spent and I would "have to wait a week". Normally I wouldn't mind too much, but with being sick with an upper respiratory, and sinus infection, a piping hot cup of coffee is the only thing that makes me feel not so sick.

USDA Zone
9a
I have no clue why she got so much ice cream or soda. I hardly eat/drink either of them, but I typically drink at least 3 large, rocket fuel cups of coffee per day.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
USDA Zone
10A
Her next birthday, don't show up with any gifts, and explain that you spent all the money on coffee and she will have to wait a week.

Then, after the divorce, you can drink all the coffee you want!

(Just having a laugh at your expense)

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
USDA Zone
10A
Get the coffee, come home and make the coffee and hit her with:
The first time I read this, I thought you said:

Get the coffee, come home and make the coffee and hit her with it.

I am drinking a cup of coffee at this very moment, and almost choked :)

USDA Zone
5b
^^^lol!!! I took the tub, and unopened box of ice cream back and got coffee haha
That's what I would have done too! But, I have back stock of coffee. When I open the back stock....it goes on the grocery list. It's a staple that I never go without. Glad you were able to get your coffee.

USDA Zone
Beside my workshop in the basement is a shelf that looks like we are stocking for the apocalypse. Anytime my coffee is on special, I load up! No coffee is just uncivilized. 😆

AlainK

Masterpiece
USDA Zone
8A
I used to drink a lot of coffe: for brekfast, when getting to work, in the morning break, after lunch, in the afternoon...

Now I only drink some in the morning for breakfast, and when I'm at home with friends after lunch. But only fair-trade ground coffe made in a "Bialetti"!

on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Being single, I have no problems with food priorities.
Blue cheese stuffed green olives are much more important than ice cream or bread. And an orchid or a tree are more important than food. Worst case, to get that tree, I'll eat Ramen noodles for every meal for a month.

But maybe that is why I'm still single.

I can't live without caffeine. Lately I'm on a energy drink kick to get my caffeine, 2 monsters a day. Coffee would be cheaper.

USDA Zone
5b
Being single, I have no problems with food priorities.
Blue cheese stuffed green olives are much more important than ice cream or bread. And an orchid or a tree are more important than food. Worst case, to get that tree, I'll eat Ramen noodles for every meal for a month.

But maybe that is why I'm still single.

I can't live without caffeine. Lately I'm on a energy drink kick to get my caffeine, 2 monsters a day. Coffee would be cheaper.
I love coffee- can’t drink the energy drinks. I don’t like the smell. Also single- I spend it how I want :)

Top Bottom