I saved my first tree!

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
A rescue cypress that was being taken out. Didn’t have time to get pics of it coming out but I potted it up in a bunch of swamp muck and potting soil and compost just to see if it recovered. With all the rain it started holding water and today I went to poke it to see if it was green still... and yay! Only 1 little bud but I’ve got 5 months till cold weather lol.

Attachments

• 9323BF70-9B42-4AC1-9F04-3E034FC881F3.jpeg
    9323BF70-9B42-4AC1-9F04-3E034FC881F3.jpeg
    304 KB · Views: 82

Crawforde

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Nice!
Hopefully I’ll do some collecting this winter/ early spring around Okeechobee.

Crawforde

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Usually weekdays, but have occasionally done a weekend. I have to go up that way for work sometimes, so my collection trip is tacked on to save a trip.

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
Usually weekdays, but have occasionally done a weekend. I have to go up that way for work sometimes, so my collection trip is tacked on to save a trip.
We definitely need to get together then! Because it’s rare that other people can do anything week days and I’d love for my first collecting trip to be with someone that has actually collected!

Crawforde

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Cool.
I know some spots and have access, will look for more soon. Everything I have , except for one small ilex was collected.

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
Cool.
I know some spots and have access, will look for more soon. Everything I have , except for one small ilex was collected.
I got spots too! Even a couple trees picked out!

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I love a good “damsel in distress“ story.

... even if her feet are wrapped in swamp muck. “Don’t worry, girl. I’ve got you.”

😂😂

It’s exciting

Crawforde

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Any day in the swamp is a good day!

Top Bottom