I want to record MABS in HD for posterity

youngsai

Mame
Reaction score
I am getting a CANON EOS M brought to me by Santa this year. As such, I'm most excited about recording bonsai & my dart frogs, in that order.

The EOS M is a CSC camera, which is basically a DSLR digital camera (If that is greek to you, then suffice it to say that it has as good a quality as the nicest type of cameras can offer plus everything digital offers).

I am hoping to be connected with someone from MABS who I hope will work with me on filming the event and taking pictures of the show. To be allowed to film anything bonsai and post pictures and what-not would truly be a dream come true. Seems such a shame to not have all that good info recorded!

Does anyone here know any of the powers that be for MABS, so maybe I can work out something, so like, maybe I can sit close in the demonstration and can go to workshops and record everything? What's your advice, should I reach out to them or should I just bring my gear and wing it? Last year none of the masters cared if I recorded them, but my f-ing camera was shitty and the memory card was already full. So I have like five minutes of blurry Akiyama San, and two minutes of Ryan Neil.

If I had a sort-of base to work from, with a plug to recharge batteries and my laptop to dump my video on, that would be awesome.

To give you a taste of the quality it would be in, this youtube vid shows the EOS M capabilities for video!!! SOOO EXCITED!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh2Ow2179mI

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I am hoping to be connected with someone from MABS who I hope will work with me on filming the event and taking pictures of the show.

Does anyone here know any of the powers that be for MABS, so maybe I can work out something, so like, maybe I can sit close in the demonstration and can go to workshops and record everything? What's your advice, should I reach out to them or should I just bring my gear and wing it?

I'd go here:
http://midatlanticbonsai.freeservers.com/Contacts.html
and reach out to them, letting them know what you're interested in doing with a link to where they can see your previous work.

youngsai

Mame
Reaction score
I have no previous work in fact, I don't even have the camera yet. But I'll wait to reach out to them until I have my camera, and then I'll take some sample vids and send it to them, thanks bwaynef.

I was more thinking someone might know someone there personally, getting my foot in the door so to speak, but as there was noone recording it last time, I guess I won't have much challenge. I was more worried about that maybe it's not recorded for a reason, maybe they want it to be only inclusive with who shows up type of thing. But, I'll let you know what they say, I doubt they will be anything but pleased as punch that someone wants to film it...

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Youngsai the EOS M is not a DSLR, which is a Digital Single Lens-Reflective camera. The one you are getting is a point and shoot with advanced features like video mode. Its a mirror-less camera and comes with an EF-M 18 - 55 F 3.5-5.6 image stabilized lens which is too slow for crisp indoor shots or video. You can also mount the vast array of EFS lenses with an optional adapter. The lens that comes with it will not be very good for indoors use as its too slow, its better for point and shoot outdoors with good light. You would be best with fast lens F 1.4 is a great indoors lens and Sigma has one for $499.00 and all you would need is the adapter to fit your mount.

ed

Top Bottom