I wanted to share a bonsai photography link

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I worked on this for a long time, taking the pictures, then creating the galleries...

http://bonsainebari.cl/bonsai-360/

The bonsais are all from my teacher, some are great.

I would love to get some feedback of how it looks on your computer, BUT NOT about the trees as they are not mine.

Thanks!

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What?! Pictures of trees and we're not supposed to talk about them. What a tease. The pictures look fine on my phone. I'm a sucker for a black background.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The page shows larger thumbs on my computer, much smaller than the medium size displayed here. As for the photography, if it were a chicken I would have to say its impeccable ...:D

ed

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
What?! Pictures of trees and we're not supposed to talk about them. What a tease. The pictures look fine on my phone. I'm a sucker for a black background.
I mean you can comment, but these are not my trees so basically no need to bash them all the rest is fine.

The page shows larger thumbs on my computer, much smaller than the medium size displayed here. As for the photography, if it were a chicken I would have to say its impeccable ...:D

ed
hahahha thanks.

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Max,

You are quite a good photographer.

However, the actual 360s are very slow to load. I understand that it is because one is actually downloading about a dozen high resoution photographs. I also understand that converting these 360s to video would solve this problem but removes the ability for users to rotated the image by simply dragging the cursor around the screen. Nevertheless, as much as I like viewing the 360 photos you made of the trees, the load times are so annoyingly long that I just don't look at your photographs on this site anymore.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Max,

However, the actual 360s are very slow to load. I understand that it is because one is actually downloading about a dozen high resoution photographs. I also understand that converting these 360s to video would solve this problem but removes the ability for users to rotated the image by simply dragging the cursor around the screen. Nevertheless, as much as I like viewing the 360 photos you made of the trees, the load times are so annoyingly long that I just don't look at your photographs on this site anymore.

I get it, we have discussed this with them a couple of times... I wanted to lower the quality a bit more. Each 360 approximates to 5mb.

We ended up leaving it as so, because they looked like crap at lower res at 700pixeles on the long edge.

I totally understand this and I am trying to do something about it for the next go, for deciduous trees we are doing winter and autumn, some cases we will do spring too if they flower like plums (ciruelos)

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Max,

So this has been going around in my head... me are going to lower the weight of each 360 from 6-7mb to 2mb... lower than that you are better just looking at a single hires picture.

Thanks OSO young. It is hard to realize that you are doing it wrong without an outside point of view.

Top Bottom