I Was Stunned....

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
...to say the least when scrolling down the list of JBPs on e-bay, to see a picture of one of my mikawas for sale. It's sellers like this that give a bad name to e-bay when most are very honest and sincere sellers. As I went to the site and scrolled down I noticed that this wasn't the tree that was for sale (really?) but it was actually an unseen" 6-12" tree that could possibly look like this one".
So the guy steals one of my photos:mad: to use to sell a tree that is literally unseen. That ought to go fast. :p

Anyway here's the link to the listing. http://cgi.ebay.com/Bonsai-Japanese-Black-Pine-Pinus-thunbergii-Mikawa-Tree_W0QQitemZ360170149210QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53dbd0555a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|293%3A1|294%3A50

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Posting photos on the Internet is always a crap shoot. They are no longer "yours" once they're digitally committed (they may be yours legally, but on the 'net, info "wants to be free," as digital pirates always argue). They can be left alone, or used for evil.

Stealing electronic images, music and info is a long sordid tradition online. That's not going to stop any time soon.

I would contact Ebay, oh and stop posting links to the stolen photos.:eek::)

TpaBayFlyFisher

Seedling
Reaction score
You can contact the seller and demand that they remove your copyrighted photo and copy eBay........unfortunately this is very common on eBay.

Mojosan

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here's the address.

Oregon Grown Nursery
7200 NW Mount Lake Way
Vancouver, WA. 98665

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
That is fairly close to home Thomas, want me to pay them a visit? lol!!!!

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That is fairly close to home Thomas, want me to pay them a visit? lol!!!

I think we better use the high tech way and I'll just send them an e-mail;)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Look at the bright side....at least it wasn't your tree actually being sold ;)

Go get them, maybe we should have a stolen picture web site like we do for stolen bonsai, let the world see the people who violate copyrights?

Will

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
.at least it wasn't your tree actually being sold

Yeah but I was so stunned there for a brief moment that I thought my tree was stolen and put up on e-bay. But then I came to my senses and remembered that I had just watered it along with the others just an hour or so before.:eek:

grizzlywon

Shohin
Reaction score
Fresno, CA. Were all the food comes from if we ha
USDA Zone
9A
Top Bottom