ICE ICE BABY!

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Yes, it seemed as if Mother Nature was singing the Vanilla Ice tune, as she created her own beautiful ice sculptures. A light rain was coming down two nights ago, quickly turning into ice and glazed everything in its path including my maples with a jewel-like brilliance.

And she kept going....to the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal!

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Thanks for sharing, around here it is always snow or nothing. Good photos.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
A light rain was coming down two nights ago, quickly turning into ice and glazed everything in its path including my maples with a jewel-like brilliance.

Very nice! Reminded the Wife of an Easter weekend when we lived in Chautauqua, NY - late in the year and 120 foot of 6 foot tall hedges were perfectly coated! Great trees and pictures!

Grimmy

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Amazing pictures Serg. Love the contrast between the ice against the night sky. Really highlights the tree's structures too.

Thanks Chris! Unfortunately the pics didn't do it full justice as much as I tried. But they at least give a pretty good idea. They were starting to melt as I was finishing. That night went up to mid 40s.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
How come your trees are outdoors? No winter protection?

Oh yes!! It was relatively mild for a couple of days and brought a few trees out to enjoy them. Most certainly the maples get protection all winter long. The temp that night was 32/33F going up to mid 40s overnight. Crazy weather!!

Top Bottom