ID on What Might Be Going on Crepe Myrtle?

Apex37

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Having a pest issue on several trees similar to the picture. This is my first summer and Texas can be difficult with pests I'm told, especially aphids. Any idea what this might be and best course of action to deal with it?

Attachments

• PXL_20210719_211150875.jpg
    PXL_20210719_211150875.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 30

Apex37

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Any tips or suggestions?
I've been spraying it with neem oil every evening to hopefully help.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The stripes are kinda wierd. Seems like a bug that isn't there anymore.

The drying edges may be too little water.
Or too much Neem, I don't think you need it.

Sorce

Apex37

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
The stripes are kinda wierd. Seems like a bug that isn't there anymore.

The drying edges may be too little water.
Or too much Neem, I don't think you need it.

Sorce
Yeah tips are more than likely due to the mix I planted it in. Was a noob and planted it in a pretty coarse mix. I honestly probably should start watering this one specifically twice a day.

It was the stripes that I wasn't sure on, it's on a few different leaves only on the underneath side.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah tips are more than likely due to the mix I planted it in. Was a noob and planted it in a pretty coarse mix. I honestly probably should start watering this one specifically twice a day.

It was the stripes that I wasn't sure on, it's on a few different leaves only on the underneath side.

It's few enough to remove. Though leaving them on seems it won't hurt anything, and may allow you further insight into what caused it.

Seems for aesthetic purposes and "proper nexts" appropriate branch structure, all that can be removed with an appropriate timed pruning.

Aka...no worries.

The future isn't just a place we have better trees in. It is also a place we can learn from, and sometimes, it will be saving our asses.

Sorce

Top Bottom