idea for blocking recent spamposts?

Rambles

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I don't know what the logic on the backend looks like, but maybe add scripting the says "If title thread = http://*.com/*, wait 10, delete thread"

Is there any extensibility to the current spamfilter software?

It seems like these should be pretty easy to spot programatically, as they all recently follow the same format.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
373144.gif Good idea!

I was thinking of something a little less high-tech....

Like finding the office and smashing faces on desks!

Sorce

Attachments

• robocop-head-smash-arcade-game-1340290494k.gif
    280.1 KB · Views: 1
  • robocop-head-smash-arcade-game-1340290494k.gif
    280.1 KB · Views: 1

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
But if I don't open them, then how am I ever going to get max muscles??? ;)

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Don't click on them, just report them, and I will clean them up. They are coming from Russia and Eastern Europe and have real people behind the registrations, so they are defeating both the Google Recaptcha and the registration email. In the past, I have simply blocked the .ru second level domain, but some of the spammers are using gmail accounts.

Best bet, don't click on them, report them, and I will erase and ban them all in the morning. It takes me three button clicks to perma-ban the member, erase all their threads, and report their IP and email to an international spammer database. Eventually when they see they are spending more time registering than I am spending banning them, and they are getting reported, they will go elsewhere.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Good job...good percentages being kept out!

I am running posts of all new members through a database to check for spam. If the content is suspect, the post is kicked into a moderation queue for me to approve before it goes live. I also blocked URL's from appearing in a thread title.

I can continue to amp up counter-measures, including full moderation of all new posts from new members, but I am hopeful that the spammers will simply move elsewhere.

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I saw this post called 'the 9 reasons '. I got so psyched, I thought I was gonna learn ground breaking ways to grow awesome trees. Turns out it was muscle building and shoulder growing spam...people with a body like mine don't grow muscles...ever.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Hi "Sorce",

I know that you're not that kind of gun-toting rednecks that think that pulling a gun can solve a problem. But those videos made me laugh. I also like Kung-Fu movies a lot, but don't tell Mum...

Anyway, when I was in my twenties, a fan of the USA, eager to know more about history and people, I saw this film. The title sounded like a song in the days of dope and hope, but it opened another door of the preception I had of our world.

"You don't like my voice?..."

Rambles

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
So far it seems to be working good. Still getting spam hits, or have they moseyed down the road yet?

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
there was one the other day, i tagged b-nut and told him to kill it before it lays eggs

Top Bottom