Identification of the new baby

BonsaiAngel

Seedling
Reaction score
Brought this beauty home with me from the Nursery I work in. Poor thing was forgotten in a corner and now needs some tlc.

Which species is he? And if you've any tips and tricks they'd be greatly appreciated too xx

Attachments

• 16174444934451872632490955690361.jpg
    16174444934451872632490955690361.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 41

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Also that potting soil will hold too much moisture in the pot, you should consider changing substrates that allow free drainage.

BonsaiAngel

Seedling
Reaction score
Maybe podocarpus. Looks rough, you sure it’s alive?
Thanks~ I don't know to be honest </3 It's not completely brittle and when I scratch the bark with my nail it looks reddish indicating some signs of life... what would be a surefire way of finding out?

BonsaiAngel

Seedling
Reaction score
Also that potting soil will hold too much moisture in the pot, you should consider changing substrates that allow free drainage.
I'll do that! Thanks

LunaticTree

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks~ I don't know to be honest </3 It's not completely brittle and when I scratch the bark with my nail it looks reddish indicating some signs of life... what would be a surefire way of finding out?
Reddish isnt always a good sign, once a conifere looks like this, it usualy dies pretty quickly. if you can cut a bit of the bark away with a knife to see if it is actualy still alive or not. Looks ate the bringe of dying to me.

Get the roots checked to, best indicator to check if a Tree is still alive o rnot are its roots! And yes, better get good soil in there that does not let the water stay so much. It looks super wet

Top Bottom