Identify this tree, anyone?

Reaction score
This tree really caught my attention, and became my instant new favorite lol. The thing is, the same pic has shown up for searches for about three different species names. It's so striking and unique, I imagine someone here must be able to identify it! Thanks in advance :)5B996E9E-18A6-451B-9619-D3FEB05EA0FE.jpeg

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Do you refer to the strainght up side-stem on a branch?

Have a read, not about the tree you posted but..

CptnGlyn

Yamadori
Reaction score
i see it on google images for your suggestion, well done

View attachment 412129

so this might be the landscape tree ive seen that ive referred to as mysterious wizard sleeve tree
The trunk and flat foliage pads of the mature main section of the tree are very characteristic of the cedrus genus.
A rudimentary way of identifying the common species of cedrus is too look at the tips of the foliage: Typically C. atlantica ‘ascends’ C. libani ‘levels’ and C. deodara ‘descends’.

Mysterious wizard sleeve tree?? Sounds interesting, worth a photo surely!

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
The trunk and flat foliage pads of the mature main section of the tree are very characteristic of the cedrus genus.
A rudimentary way of identifying the common species of cedrus is too look at the tips of the foliage: Typically C. atlantica ‘ascends’ C. libani ‘levels’ and C. deodara ‘descends’.

Mysterious wizard sleeve tree?? Sounds interesting, worth a photo surely!
maybe ill get a shot of it on a walk this week lol
brings back some fond memories

from internet

1639404474892.png

Nivel

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I found the image here too
From the article:
"The ecoregion has several recognizable forest types: pure fir forest; mixed oak-fir forest; mixed rhododendron, fir, and birch forest; and mixed coniferous forests with fir, blue pine, and spruce. Cypress and Himalayan cedar or deodar are common above 2,400 m."

Top Bottom