Identifying a pine

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I keep hearing that cascade and/or semi-cascade are hard to execute well. I also keep reading that most newbies tend to choose that design due to the plant already looking like that when they buy it. Personally, that's some advice I take to heart.
If you tilt the pot, then it would make a good windswept too! Or with the right size wire and bending the trunk up again, even an upright tree with a cool curve.
Of course, the tree is yours and you should do whatever you feel is best. I just wanted to point out that I see more options than a cascade.

Good luck with it!

Storm87

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Since I'm a newbie and I'm considering a semi-cascade because the tree is looking like that, I guess I'm about te step in one of the many newbie pitfalls 😅
I'll see if I can figure out how a more upright style feels. A windswept feels a bit challenging.

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
spend a lot of time just looking at it. in 6 months you might start seeing someting, then maybe 6 months after that you'll see something else/better. my plan always slowly gets better when I move slow

Storm87

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Hi! Are those clusters of new candles of cones in the making?

Attachments

• IMG_6630.JPG
    IMG_6630.JPG
    200.5 KB · Views: 8

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
The small reddish clusters are pollen sacs. Candles grow mostly upward, and if it produces pine cones, they’re at the tips of the new candles.

Top Bottom