If I could spend a day with a Nutter

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
You know we did that on bonsaiTALK in and around 2001. The forum was more Cali based then and we had a guy named Java Scott. He thru the party at his house in August, same weekend as Redwood Empire show so Scott graciously let me stay at his house. We had a bbq on Sat., I did a demo on a big procumbens bunjin. About twenty people were there including Matt Chroust Admin. of the site. On the west coast something could be put together for the convention or bonsa-a-thon. Pictures could follow.

@Adair M did you know Scott? I think he did become an SOB for a while but have no idea if he even stayed in Bonsai. I know he liked his coffee and grew the hell out of chili peppers.
The only Scott I know is @markyscott. He is an SOB. I don’t know if it’s the same person, or not. I never participated in the old bonsaiTALK.

bonsaichile

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I think this could be a dissappointing experience :cool:[/QUOTE said:
I agree. Not a fan of lagers here.

@MACH5 amazing trees, a great sense of design, and he is so polite. He answers every single question, no matter how basic.

@Adair M Trees are everything. Another person who takes his time to share his knowledge without sugarcoating it but also without being a jerk.

@barrosinc I don't know many Chileans who do bonsai. Always nice to find a compatriota!

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I wont participate in this, there are way more then 3 Nuts i would love to spend a day with

Looking forward to the trophy and meet some Nuts :)

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I'm new here and don't yet know any here personally although I've already found several very friendly and generous people. I'm following this thread just to get to know the good ole nutters better.

Silentrunning

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
My first prerequisite would have to be that the people I chose should live in growing areas somewhat similar to mine. It does me no good to learn about trees that I can’t grow.

1. Adair M - a master in the type of trees I like.
2. rockm - I have gleaned a lot of info from him already.
3. Sorce - I would love to see what the results of his free style of thinking are. (I would also try to talk him out of a few nice pots).

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You know we did that on bonsaiTALK in and around 2001. The forum was more Cali based then and we had a guy named Java Scott. He thru the party at his house in August, same weekend as Redwood Empire show so Scott graciously let me stay at his house. We had a bbq on Sat., I did a demo on a big procumbens bunjin. About twenty people were there including Matt Chroust Admin. of the site. On the west coast something could be put together for the convention or bonsa-a-thon. Pictures could follow.

Yes, I was part of that - great day and would be in for a repeat as well!

I'd have to say Matt, Maria Kapra and Smoke. I have contact with Kathy Shaner and a bunch of lesser known but very skilled and experienced people in the N Calif clubs.

CasAH

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Too many to name for me although I have met some of those named.

So I will just say for those of you who want to meet Sorce, make sure he has the little sorces in tow. They are great kids, but you will understand why Sorce has that crazed look in his eyes after the little sorces ask their ten millionth question in about 10 seconds.

They are some smart independent thinkers.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
No way could I narrow it down to three. However, I would say the people who have continually reached out to me in my dark days and they know who they are.

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Thanks! That makes my day.

@Brian Van Fleet A good well rounded guy. Knows pines! Met him, but I was just so tired from a long drive from TX. Time spent with him too short.

@Chuah A friendly knowledgeable gentleman who goes above and beyond! Met him once at a local show.

@MACH5 For his artistic eye and experience and love of deciduous!

Many more Nutters out there I'd like to meet.

Top Bottom