If the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain, where does the rain in Houston fall...?

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Omg grew up in houston so I had to read this thread. I can attest that Houston’s weather is a lot like the rest of the gulf coast. My family in Houston for Harvey was all like @markyscott and on high ground thankfully. Irma got me in SWFL really bad though I’m glad it missed you guys. Two years in a row would’ve been too much! The river we run trips on was 19.6 feet above normal by our measurements(actually counting dock steps then measuring when it came over the top. USGS can vary depending on your location vs the nearest gauge but the river got so high they actually matched us at that level. It got into our office in an area that has never seen a flood. It had Arcadia surrounded by water over the bridges and across roads yards/meters deep in some places leaving one way in and out. We were cleaning up for months. The only good side is that it wasn’t a major wind event like Charley. I hate hurricanes and really hope this year isn’t as bad as they’re predicting for you guys in Houston. Sending love your way. If the storm misses give my love to the trees it’ll help me grow! Y’all stay dry now!
Anybody know where Trent whent?

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I'm glad there is no more damage than just a downed tree. I'm tired of seeing destruction.
Me too - I spent a bunch of time in NO working with evacuees from Lake Charles. Tough, tough situation. I think we’ve all had enough for this year, but especially our neighbors to the east.

- S

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Crazy! Lol well life has been, still working on my trees though! I'll be back regularly soon I hope!
There he IS!!!! Hooray!

I was actually roughly 3 days away from PM’ing.. inquiring, politely, as to your wellbeing.

“Good crazy” I hope! ;)

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Eh just life. Mostly flooding and covid BS for the last 6 months or so though.
I can actually relate to BOTH at the moment! 🤣 Wisconsin is pretty “hot” virus-wise.... and I can’t access my “prime” clay pickin’ spot because of high waters..

I’m going to try again today... just go by myself so the boys don’t have to deal with the terrain.

Are you staying relatively sane?

🤓

Top Bottom