if u have 1 minute check out my shinpaku ! id appreciate the feedback 🤠

Tycoss

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I actually really like what you did here. It has nice movement, pad arrangement and is nicely compacted. I'm no expert, but I really dig your juniper.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10?
t
I actually really like what you did here. It has nice movement, pad arrangement and is nicely compacted. I'm no expert, but I really dig your juniper.
hell yeah thanks bro! & I am also new to this have been doing it for 2 years so we slowly but surely getting better as time goes by! couple things I didn't like bout it but learned how to correct it & that's the name of the game 👍🏼

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Don't be so tied to this first styling that you don't go back and prune out bad structure. From the profile, it looks good.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I love the cascade !:cool:! Hope to wire on mine this year it's a procumbens though.
This one needs some movement in the cascading branch next time. Maybe a branch bender?
Going to be a kick ass tree. Just the way it comes out of the soil rocks.
There, it would be an excellent shari location up front if possible.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I like what you did, but the bottom 1/3 seems a bit to busy. Cascades should taper down towards the end of the drop......at least in my perspective.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I like what you did, but the bottom 1/3 seems a bit to busy. Cascades should taper down towards the end of the drop......at least in my perspective.
There's a quick fix to this and the movement I eluded to above...
There are TWO cascades herein. One is thick and pretty straight, the other one would be so well suited for this.
It would be a huge improvement to jin the thick bottom cascade, and use the upper tapering one that comes down
which has wire on it.

On the trunk is a double coil of wire just over the pots rim, just beyond that is a single coil out the upper cascade.
I would now, add a guy wire, one that can be torqued over time and bring that in closer so when the time comes
the upper cascade is in place, where the lower one is now, and jin the lower one. Talking a couple years out maybe?
I am curious where and when this was purchased @BoostedBonsai. Keep a log or journal :)

Top Bottom