If You Could Have Just One

Maros

Chumono
Reaction score
No way we can live with only one.
We are collectors, hoarders, obsessed persons. At least myself.
But as a game I choose maple, some natural looking Acer palmatum. It will change it's appearance during season.

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
But as a game I choose maple, some natural looking Acer palmatum. It will change it's appearance during season.
Cool, Maros. Is there a particular one out there you have in mind?
Maybe I wasn't specific in my OP. I'm curious what tree y'all have in mind, one you find most beautiful.

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
So is the question a particular tree, or species?
No, no, no.

It is just the comedy routine that was beginning.
Abbot says
Hornbeam...Korean hornbeam..
Costello responds
It's just a conjecture, but would that be Korean?

Or maybe substitute Johnny and Ed for Abbot and Costello, or JudyB and thumblessprimate1 .

You two were on a roll, until ...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
There is an actual term the gal at the nursery learned about at class. It's called "CHAD- Compulsive Horticulture Acquisition Disorder".

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Depends on my mood...for the day. So I would be up the creek without a paddle if I had to choose just one. Chi Chi Ginkgo is in my list of favorites...the bark reels me in,then you have the chi. Though...the neagari Satsuki slips in in my off days. Love the roots! That tree is about the roots to me...not the blooms. The blooms are a perk though.

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There is an actual term the gal at the nursery learned about at class. It's called "CHAD- Compulsive Horticulture Acquisition Disorder".
Like hanging chad? Fat chad? Pregnant chad? Just bad memories really!

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Depends on my mood...for the day. So I would be up the creek without a paddle if I had to choose just one. Chi Chi Ginkgo is in my list of favorites...the bark reels me in,then you have the chi. Though...the neagari Satsuki slips in in my off days. Love the roots! That tree is about the roots to me...not the blooms. The blooms are a perk though.
Maybe something like this would get you interested in Pines?

IMG_0439.JPG

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
? Is there really slang using Chad? I'm that gullible.
Wiki not the best of sources...however:
"In the 2000 United States presidential election, many Florida votes used Votomatic-style punched card ballots where incompletely punched holes resulted in partially punched chads: either a "hanging chad", where one or more corners were still attached, or a "fat chad" or "pregnant chad", where all corners were still attached, but an indentation appears to have been made. These votes were not counted by the tabulating machines.[2][3] The aftermath of the controversy caused the rapid discontinuance of punch card ballots in the United States."

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Wiki not the best of sources...however:
"In the 2000 United States presidential election, many Florida votes used Votomatic-style punched card ballots where incompletely punched holes resulted in partially punched chads: either a "hanging chad", where one or more corners were still attached, or a "fat chad" or "pregnant chad", where all corners were still attached, but an indentation appears to have been made. These votes were not counted by the tabulating machines.[2][3] The aftermath of the controversy caused the rapid discontinuance of punch card ballots in the United States."
Learn something...cool thanks! Now...the Chad of all chads...horiticatural chad!

abqjoe

Chumono
Reaction score
I won't say I'm a Maple guy but I sure do have more Maples than any other species:) I'd love a beastly Maple like this Kotohime!

20140915-366-national.jpg

Maros

Chumono
Reaction score

In may case it is different diagnose, I guess something like "COWColD- Compulsive Obsessive Wildwood Collecting Disorder" :)
But medication for both should be the same ....:)

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
This is the tree that got it all started for me. Even though I don't want only one, I try and keep the number around 20-25 at any one time.View attachment 146318
That is my favorite raft! It is very awe inspiring...your headcount number is one of my own. Sitting at 17 in basically a four year period...I get nervous if I can reel it in...and already have a few in my collection tagged for the first to go if I need to thing the bench for new material.

Top Bottom