Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
So I vote for the one BVF posted from Evergreen

Jcmmaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like the 2nd one just because it has movement, and I agree with not many growers here in the NC for maples. That’s why I am starting to grow all the seedlings I collect in the ground, hopefully it will help me and others who are looking in the future.

erb.75

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
@namnhi Bill doesn't have very many developed trees for sale. Bill has masterpieces, and cuttings.

@VAFisher you are not far from Jim Doyle. Depending on your taste, he has a number of field-grown trident maples from Randy Knight in that price range.

If you find a place that is selling japanese maples worth $600 please let me know, i would drop everything i'm doing and start driving there now. The lack of availability in north america of well-started japanese maple bonsai is a huge obstacle for us! I complain about it all the time, and I plan to contribute to improving the situation, and hope that others will join me. But even nurseries that should be starting a few thousand maples now (Mirai...) for the future generation, are not doing it! I'm hoping that Andrew Robson does it! (It is a difficult challenge to take on, because you don't see any income from sales for the first 25-30 years... it has to be a side-gig)

Bjorn is starting to propagate stuff, and I think his interest is pretty high in deciduous...cross your fingers!

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Does anyone have thoughts on the Sharps Pygmies in this price range being offered by Brussels? Overpriced?
There's a landscape maple place on the east side of Atlanta, named maple ridge, you could buy very nice grafted material and layer it out for under $300

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Out of these 2 trees, which would you choose if price was similar? Tree 1 is listed at 35" tall.

View attachment 249544

View attachment 249545
The Brussels ones look overpriced. I like the Telperion one.

JefeW

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Went to Natures Way, what a place! If you still have that $600 go now. Beautiful tridents for under $150, some very nice Japanese Maples (I took the biggest one I saw, the trunk was just too beautiful no pics yet going back to pick it up), Jim’s wife is a treat, the kids played with their dogs, and I savored the stunning grounds. Lots of items, like mine are there marked as sold, but plenty available. The pot collection is quite nice but I have no eye for that yet. I would’ve been happy finding nothing, it’s a great place to take in nature and bonsai material.

Top Bottom