If You Have Cats, Be Careful of Lily.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Sorry to hear the bad news but thanks for sharing the warning. Those who aren’t cat people don’t know how attached you can become to your kitties.
Yeah....I didn't even know how attached I was until today.
It's just a horrible lesson learned the hard way.

Thank you all so much for you support. I can't thank you enough, it means a ton to me.

R.I.P. Wilson, Duke of Lizards....you will never be forgotten.

tinusje

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Very sorry for your loss. Catperson also. I've had lillies in the garden as well, but ripped them out last year after a warning of our vet. Even a single lily in a bouquet, one playfull tap, some pollen licked of a paw...I also removed some of the larger grasses, our cats behave like cows sometimes, and the rough grass got stuck between throat and nose. I'v planted some Liriope muscari for them...but being cats...they walk through the Liriope muscari to the carex. That is a bit less rough.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sorry Bro!

I had to check in with Leo about this Breaking Bad Lily in my yard when I got here.

Worse for cats huh?
Sux!
Sux worse cuz some asshole started that pet thread now it's like we know each others animals too!

RIP D of L!

20180728_150636.jpg

Sorce

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss.
I never liked cats, and I'll never will. But I know what's it's like to lose a dear pet. I want to warn people about pyrethrins as well. Many labels show that these neonicotinoids are 'safe for kids and pets'. But they're not; they accumulate in the liver and can cause it to stop functioning in both cats as well as most birds and reptiles.
You won't notice until they start having seizures, and during such episodes they don't land on their feet.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sux!
Sux worse cuz some asshole started that pet thread now it's like we know each others animals too
Real bad.
I love cats.
And it's a loss to the whole board here because we do know each others pets.

R.I.P. Wilson, Duke of Lizards....you will never be forgotten
Cats grow on a guy Mike.
I'm terribly sorry to hear this.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
As loving Little Bear sits in lap must say So Sorry for beautiful sweet baby Wilson. Tears. Always heartbreaking:(.

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Sorry to hear that, it must be terrible to lost the friend, i feel for you.

But hey, they have 7 lives, he will comeback!

Top Bottom