rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It really sounds like an amazing place, you're lucky to be so close! Very cool to read how all things related to bonsai were thought out, cause we all know it's more complicated than it seems.

pback

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
+1 to @Wilson ’s comment, very lucky indeed.

I have a trip to DC coming up later in the year, and a trip to the National Arboretum is at the top of my to do list.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I hope those trees are getting their needed attention during the shutdown.....I would assume they have to be.
The collection is a joint project, run primarily by the National Bonsai Foundation. The USDA, which oversees the National Arboretum, was shutdown. The Arb and the bonsai collection were closed to the public during the month-long hiatus. I don't know the mechanics of how the NBF works, I know that "gifts" like donated help, can be extremely affected by the shutdown. It's illegal for agencies to take on outside help for free without special dispensation. They have "essential employees" that take care of stuff.
https://washingtongardener.blogspot.com/2018/12/what-happens-to-parks-and-plants-during.html

Top Bottom