If you're into small bonsai...

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Curious about the flowering quince. Is he weaving branches back into the root mass that is slowly exposed as the mound of soil erodes? Is he using more pliable shoots that grow as roots get exposed? It's what I'd do 20 years later 😄. Actually I've been doing it with one, but not involving mounds of soil. I'd really like to know more, because I've been trying to figure out how to make quince like that. Sometimes I want to avoid the spoilers because I enjoy the discovery experience 😊. Small flowering quince have been very satisfying to work with.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Curious about the flowering quince. Is he weaving branches back into the root mass that is slowly exposed as the mound of soil erodes? Is he using more pliable shoots that grow as roots get exposed? It's what I'd do 20 years later 😄. Actually I've been doing it with one, but not involving mounds of soil. I'd really like to know more, because I've been trying to figure out how to make quince like that. Sometimes I want to avoid the spoilers because I enjoy the discovery experience 😊. Small flowering quince have been very satisfying to work with.
Those are so wild looking, I dunno either....

Gary McCarthy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Jonas has a spot on his blog posts to ask questions. And, he's very good about getting back to you.

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The more exposure the internet gives the numerous growers of mame, and shohin, the more I want to produce! The air layering of the pine sacrifice is awesome.

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Cool article, funny how the smaller you go the more technical things get. (if you want it to look nice). Absolutely no short cuts in this hobby

Top Bottom