Iker 9, Iker 10......

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Iker pots are awesome. I have a few myself. I love the clean simple lines many of his pots have.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Tell me these new landscape pots ain't sick.

I came across the same size from Iker unglazed Iker made for us a few years back, no logo just his name and number. It spent at least 5 Winters on a bench outside and still solid as a rock with good patina.

IMG_0367.JPG

IMG_0364.JPG

This has two hidden support legs unlike the newer -

IMG_0369.JPG

Grimmy

Last edited:

Alex W.

Sapling
Reaction score
I just ordered (3) pots of my own from them. LOVE their designs. Pics to follow when they arrive

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just ordered (3) pots of my own from them. LOVE their designs. Pics to follow when they arrive

You should get the images with an option to share with your order confirm!

Share em! Or save em then share.
F the book!

Pleeeease!

Nice!

Sorce

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b

You will be surprised at how much they weigh - serious;) Also wanted to share that Charles will take any you like and fire them, deco them, etc... to your liking. He makes a few and sells what you don't buy after you pick yours. Very nice to work with him.

Grimmy

Alex W.

Sapling
Reaction score
They finally came in!
All are about 4" in width. Ordered them for some shohin.

I must say, I am VERY impressed with the quality of these pots. I am definitely going to be ordering more from him soon!

Got some potting to do this weekend...

full

full

full

full

full

full

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
All I keep thinking is "How the hell do you fit a tree in such a minuscule depth pot..."

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
All I keep thinking is "How the hell do you fit a tree in such a minuscule depth pot..."

In post number 22 that pot is 1/2 inch deep. My Wife had an American Elm 26 inches tall with a 2 1/2 base for 5 years until we lost all of our trees. Her new plan for it is a 3 Bald Cypress group but taller trees next Spring... ;)

Grimmy

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
In post number 22 that pot is 1/2 inch deep. My Wife had an American Elm 26 inches tall with a 2 1/2 base for 5 years until we lost all of our trees. Her new plan for it is a 3 Bald Cypress group but taller trees next Spring... ;)

Grimmy

It is quite awesome. Sometimes I'm impressed by the tree, sure, all good.. Then I see the fact that this large tree is sitting in a pot that's an inch deep... It looks great.

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
It is quite awesome. Sometimes I'm impressed by the tree, sure, all good.. Then I see the fact that this large tree is sitting in a pot that's an inch deep... It looks great.

It is something you will learn and honest for many trees it is not as difficult as you think ;) My only concern with the 1/2 inch deep ones she likes is I am the one who does all the watering but other then that really not difficult.

Grimmy

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It is something you will learn and honest for many trees it is not as difficult as you think ;) My only concern with the 1/2 inch deep ones she likes is I am the one who does all the watering but other then that really not difficult.

Grimmy

Once I get a bonsai that is worthy of it, I can look at investing in a good pot. (Unrelated, just spoke to Graham Potter on the phone and will probably be getting a green maple from him soon).

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Once I get a bonsai that is worthy of it, I can look at investing in a good pot. (Unrelated, just spoke to Graham Potter on the phone and will probably be getting a green maple from him soon).

Gratz on the Maple! We have a lot of pots simply because we like them but for general training and such you can save a lot of money using plastic Bonsai training pots. They don't break easily, look like clay left out long enough, and you can easily drill holes in the lip to do guide wires ;) They come in a lot of sizes and shapes, more then pictured here -

IMG_0495.JPG

Grimmy

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Gratz on the Maple! We have a lot of pots simply because we like them but for general training and such you can save a lot of money using plastic Bonsai training pots. They don't break easily, look like clay left out long enough, and you can easily drill holes in the lip to do guide wires ;) They come in a lot of sizes and shapes, more then pictured here -

View attachment 107626

Grimmy

Yeh I'll definitely be getting some, and the larger bucket plastic ones. All just disposable cheap pots then after the bonsai had been worked on for a number of years, can be moved. As a beginner, all this stuff needs to be got.. After some years, you build up a collection but to start with I've got nothing lol.
Gonna go in to full maple care research mode tomorrow if I do but this maple, which I'm quite I will. Graham is sending me over some more up to date pics.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I sent Chuck an email with some questions this morning.

This afternoon I thought, "oh, it's Saturday, I may not hear back till Monday."

Checked my email to find a reply from Noon!

What a great guy.

Sure going to be Ikers 11-13 soon, then 14-19,etc.

Don't hesitate to click and support.
https://www.ikerbonsaipots.com/see-all-inventory/

That blue and white glaze is sick.

Sorce

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
He does really nice work and I was surprised that the prices are more than far.

Brian

clevetromba

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I ordered a pot from him a few weeks ago for me ROR hornbeam. Told him what I was looking for, and pointed out some features of different pots on his website that I liked, and he told me what was possible. I second that opinion that his pricing seems very reasonable for a custom made pot. I can't wait to see it!

Top Bottom