I'm a beginner

Tbonebonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Last weekend we went to a Japanese garden and there was a Bonsai group showing their bonsais and we bought one. This is it. I was told it's still being trained. I'll be joining a bonsai
IMG_20180806_050631_729.jpg
group close to me soon. Any thoughts on this bonsai.
Thank you

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Nice start man! Welcome to the forum.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Last weekend we went to a Japanese garden and there was a Bonsai group showing their bonsais and we bought one. This is it. I was told it's still being trained. I'll be joining a bonsai
View attachment 204843
Thank you

Good things.

I’m wondering about the soil -is it kinda muddy or compacted? It’s hard to really see in the photo.

To test this, when you water, does the water drain freely from the bottom of pot or quickly puddle..?

If that soil has a low percolation rate, you really want to be careful to not overwater..

Tbonebonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Good things.

I’m wondering about the soil -is it kinda muddy or compacted? It’s hard to really see in the photo.

To test this, when you water, does the water drain freely from the bottom of pot or quickly puddle..?

If that soil has a low percolation rate, you really want to be careful to not overwater..
I'll take a look at the soil. Thank you

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Welcome to the forum...as stated above. Filling out your location offers ones better to assist you. Climate has a huge factor in the steps caring for trees. Joining a group is a good start as well as learning from ones who understand your climate and growing conditions. As well as technique and what have you.
~Enjoy your journey!

Kendo

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Good things.

The claim is from Bonsai club member, but for me soil and wiring are confusing. HUK>>

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Thank you

Welcome! My first advice is don't do much to it. Learn to keep them alive. Learn feeding and watering first. :) In my mind you will struggle till you learn the horticulture of it.

Tbonebonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Welcome! My first advice is don't do much to it. Learn to keep them alive. Learn feeding and watering first. :) In my mind you will struggle till you learn the horticulture of it.
Thanks for your advice. I feel the same way.

King James 111

Seedling
Reaction score
Thanks happy for your welcome been at it for 2 two yrs how Got Chinese piness , 8 monkey pluzzer trees ( spell off ) Mable tree that I growen on

Top Bottom