I'm getting redirects....Is it just me....?

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Ity all started right after I submitted a link to the "Bonsai Links".....I have run every malware/spyware I have and it's still doing it...A quick google search of the site I'm keep getting directed to seems to be a problem on quite a few message boards right now....I haven't ran across a fix yet.

It's not happening with any other sites...Just the Nut.

Anybody else having this problem....? If I figure it out I will post the fix.

Brian

Last edited:

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
It's on the site. I'm aware of it and will be working on it. Gotta love vBulletin "secure" software :)

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Yes...I even went to post something and was like...where did my page go!?! Then back arrow and it went directly back to my typing area on the board. Thought it was my going crazy.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
It's a vBulletin redirect hack. There are several, so I just have to narrow down the particular one and take care of it.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I suppose I am preaching to the choir but I get really pissed off at people who do stuff like this, especially to a non invasive peaceful (most of the time) site that caters to a bunch of bonsai geeks.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Interesting... I feel almost proud. This is a brand new hack that hasn't been fixed yet. Believe it or not it is a Google Adsense hack. Google was serving us ads that were redirecting us to another site :) Good news is that the bonsainut site itself hasn't been hacked - Google has been :)

I turned off ads for now until they come up with a fix. The front page ad (the graphical banner ad) does not seem to cause the problem.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Just to be clear - the redirects are NOT malware or viruses. But when you get redirected, I would definitely NOT click on anything on the page you are redirected to! Just hit the back button.

This is now becoming a major issue for Google and they have their security team working on it.

The ads on BonsaiNut do not begin to cover the cost of hosting the site. If things like this continue, I may just switch to a voluntary donation method of asking people to help offset some of the costs.

Top Bottom