I'm pouring a little out for our brother, Klytus

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
So I've been out of the bonsai world for a bit (life took precedence for a few) and as a consequence, I've been away from this forum. It's good to be back! What up, Nuts!! Anyway, so I was flipping through the posts and seeing the "new" peeps on here and realized there's been a turnover to some extent. I see there are folks that have been here since a ways back and there's a new set that have come along since my previous departure. It's good to see some of the "old timers" that have been here since way back (I'm looking at you @Bonsai Nut @Brian Van Fleet @JudyB @grouper52 @ghues @Dav4 @Vance Wood @rockm @wireme @Smoke etc). There's others who have seemed to leave us and hopefully will return someday like Miss Vic, Tachigi, and even Harry F&%$ing Greer for that matter. At the same time there's a new crop of posters on here that are a welcome addition. But there's always gotta be a couple nutjobs up in the mix. You all know who I'm talking about. Don't get me wrong, this isn't a bad thing. Variety is the spice of life. I like a little crazy to break up the day. This leads me to the reason for my post. Does anyone remember, Klytus? That MF would pop off with some s&^t that would make you question whether or not you got slipped some acid or something. It was awesome. I never was able to figure out if he knew jack D about bonsai or even cared, but he was brilliant!! So with that, I'm pouring a little out for our long lost brother, Klytus. And if you're out there, keep it real brother. Real f*&ing weird.

If anyone wants to share some of their favorite memories of the Klytmeister I'd love to hear them.

Last edited:

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Harry Greer is dead. I think Tachigi is dead also. Miss Vick is alive and well in Washington State, but just doesnt have time for all the bull shit that goes on here. I've said hi on facebook so I know she is around.

I still think Klytus is Sorce.

Miss Vicky on the left
DSC_01810001.JPG

Grouper 52
DSC_00400001.JPG

Smoke, Peter Macaseib (@maria kapra , name of a band BTW) and Atilla Soos (Atilla)

DSC_02250001.JPG

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
"I still think Klytus is Sorce."

I think that you're on to something...

RIP Harry Greer. I hope he's pissing people off in the afterlife.

Last edited:

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Cool, thanks.

...just dead to the forum....

Yeah... I set up a forum for him early on, and was hoping to do more. He was really active for a while, but I think the bonsai business didn't treat him well.

Here is his forum link:

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm pretty sure I read a memorial here.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What about these guys:

Rick Moquin
Kong
Chris Johnston
Graydon

where did they go?

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I met Chris and I met Graydon

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What about these guys:

Rick Moquin
Kong
Chris Johnston
Graydon

where did they go?

I liked Rick Moquin a great deal even before I came to BNut from some Brit site. - I hope he is still with us.

Victrinia is alive and we'll - saw her at Elandan gardens just a few days/weeks ago.

I liked Klytus a great deal, and hope he is in heaven whether he's alive or not ......

From the movie, Unforgiven, 1992 - "Hell I even thought I was dead, till I found out that I was just in Nebraska."

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Chris/bonsaikc had his greenhouse/hoophouse/winterprotection wiped out and with it most all his trees and it took the wind out of his sails. He's seemed interested lately in what Mark Comstock's doing with seedling-cutting JBP though, so I suspect he might dabble one of these days.

Is Rick Moquin the guy who wrote the hinoki article that's referenced all the time?

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Also, a little Facebook sleuthing indicates Harry Greer might still be among the living.
there's a FB page for him, but there's no real indication that he's using it. FB pages outlive people and are notoriously difficult to take down after the original owner passes...Just sayin...Unless you know something we don't.
;)

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
He liked a post someone with his last name posted to his page in mid-July...

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
What about these guys:

Rick Moquin
Kong
Chris Johnston
Graydon

where did they go?

Don’t remember the others but Kong was great. He was a great contributor to the forum. He was from the Bay Area, right?

Also, a couple more people that are no longer with us either on this forum or on this world:

Redwood Ryan— seemed like a good kid and really passionate about bonsai.

JKL— I heard recently that Jim had passed. I first encountered him on the Bonsai Site forums. He could be a bit curmudgeon (can’t we all?) but I always appreciated his input and willingness to help the newbies in this hobby. RIP

Top Bottom