Images not loading on iPhone iOS 16.4.1

SeanS

Omono
Reaction score
Johannesburg, South Africa (SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE)
USDA Zone
9b
This started about 4 days ago, not sure if it’s my phone or site related. The first few images on a page will load normally and then as I scroll further down the page images will just stop loading, including member avatars. If I refresh the page a few more images will load as I scroll and then stop again. It’s made browsing the site almost impossible 😖

TrevorLarsen

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I have had the same problem on an older version of IOS so it is for sure the site and it only happens on this site. But it’s a free site so I’m not complaining.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Sometimes the site has issues loading on wifi when using a mobile phone. I don't know why. But when I switch to cellular data, it works like a charm. I was never able to upload images through wifi on mobile with this website with my android device.
I've grown to accept this feature. Data plans are cheap here (unlimited for 20 euros/month), so it doesn't matter which connection I use. But I want to adress that it's not just iphones.

Tele

Yamadori
Reaction score
I have this exact same problem using my android phone.
After a few images it just stops.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Interesting... because I have not changed the site at all in the last several weeks. Let me see if I can find where the problem lies.

The biggest challenge in fixing something is to break it first. For example, the site loads perfectly on my Android phone and tablet. So I may have to see if other people are reporting similar problems with other uses of the site software - and whether there is a solution. But then I will have to ask you all to test it for me.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Interesting... because I have not changed the site at all in the last several weeks. Let me see if I can find where the problem lies.

The biggest challenge in fixing something is to break it first. For example, the site loads perfectly on my Android phone and tablet. So I may have to see if other people are reporting similar problems with other uses of the site software - and whether there is a solution. But then I will have to ask you all to test it for me.
My android Samsung same as @Wires_Guy_wires. Often my phone pics take a longer Time on Wi-Fi then
once it reaches 100%, it stalls out and nothing happens. Switch to data on phone and it zips right along.
Other times the Wi-Fi is fine.
perhaps it is dependent on neighbors draw or usage at a particular time.
Mac pc up to date, on Wi-Fi only, experiences this on occasion and my upload speed is around
well here’s a random speed test…
37297B31-60A9-4BD8-A060-C4732D48ACBA.png
With the pc, I’m usually drag/dropping from SDHC card inserted from camera,
but it usually works after 2 or 3 tries on those occasions.

Tele

Yamadori
Reaction score
Just tried WiFi and cellular. Both are working for me at this moment. My instinct tells me there might be problems with cookies but I can't check untill it stops working.

Top Bottom