Imperial Masterpiece

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
This will be my 5000th post. And it would appear to change my status to "Imperial Masterpiece".

It doesn't mean I really know anything. Just that I post a lot. Maybe too much.

Anyway, I'd like to thank BonsaiNut for providing this forum. I've been able to share ideas, learn a few things, see some great pictures, and most importantly...

Make some friends!

(Let's not discuss the enemies! Lol!!!)

Oh, I've been flamed. I think I'm on a couple people's ignore list. Many probably don't like my style. Some have called me all kinds of things: elitest, arrogant, condescending, obsessive, "a Son of Thunder", an "SoB" (and I'm not sure they were always saying "Student of Boon", Lol!!!).

If I have offended, please accept my apology. That was never my intent. (I feel like I'm reciting Puck's soliloquy at the end of "A Midsummer's Night Dream"! Lol). My intent is to instruct and share the insights I've gained in my 45 years of involvement with bonsai.

The cool thing about bonsai is we're constantly learning. We can always improve. We can improve our technique, our trees, ourselves. I think Ryan Neil made some comments like that on his video about becoming a bonsai master and the Artisan's Cup.

So, I hope to see many of you at the upcoming National Show next week. I will have an orange dot on my name tag. And I will be wearing my BIB button. And do drop by my shohin display. While traditional, I think it will create conversation!

johng

Omono
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your knowledge!!! You are an asset to this community!! In spite of the names I've called you before...I think you have more than demonstrated your good will to the community here:)

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Thanks for sharing your knowledge!!! You are an asset to this community!! In spite of the names I've called you before...I think you have more than demonstrated your good will to the community here:)
Thanks, JohnG, that means a lot to me.

I'm sure you're cooking up something special for the Expo. You always do! I'll just be bringing my Japanese broccoli!

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I believe you have mentioned before,@Adair M that Boon encourages all his students to share what they have learned. Well, you certainly do that, and then some!!
Your nuggets are appreciated with great enthusiasm!!!:eek::p:D:D:D:D:D

Thank you for your weighty contributions and enjoy the NATIONALS!!!!:)

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I believe you have mentioned before,@Adair M that Boon encourages all his students to share what they have learned. Well, you certainly do that, and then some!!
Your nuggets are appreciated with great enthusiasm!!!:eek::p:D:D:D:D:D

Thank you for your weighty contributions and enjoy the NATIONALS!!!!:)
Indeed, LanceMac10. Boon does encourage all of us to spread the knowledge. He knows I teach classes, so he's especially strict with me to "get it right". (Either that, or I'm a slow learner...)

vicn

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Congrats on your new status, and thanks for any knowledge you can share

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
an Adair thread that doesn't speak about wiring or boon mix?

thanks for all your knowledge, Adair. I appreciate it.

Top Bottom